- What: Needlecraft Meetup
- When: Tuesday, 5/24, 7:00pm (Same time as Android, different area.)
- Who: Open to the public, any skill level is welcome. Knit, crochet, and more.
- What: Android User Group Meetup
- When: Tuesday, 5/24, 7:00pm (Same time as needlecraft, different area.)
- Who: Open to the public, any skill level. Users, developers, iPhone refugees, anyone with an interest in Android is welcome!
- Bring: Phones, tablets, or toasters that run Android.
- What: Locksport / Lockpicking class
- When: Wednesday, 5/25, 7:00 doors, 7:30 class
- Who: Novice locksport enthusiasts who preregistered.
- Bring: Locks to pick, picks if you have ‘em, $20 if you don’t.
Anything Android! If you own an Android phone/device or even if you are only considering maybe buying an Android phone or tablet, join us! Discussion will range from, your favorite app, battery saving techniques, how to root, or anything anyone wants to share. We welcome all ranges of experience and knowledge.
The finalists in the Red Bull Creation challenge have just been announced, and i3Detroit’s team is among them! The ChronoTune catapulted us to blogospheric fame and contest advancement, so we’re going to New York in July to compete in the finals. Check out Popular Mechanics’ coverage, and follow the stream of excited tweets…
Speaking of the ChronoTune, while it was functional for the contest deadline, it’s due for a series of upgrades that should improve robustness and audio quality, a whole new library of content, and better documentation. Watch this space! It’ll also likely be appearing at World Steam Expo 2011 and the Ann Arbor Mini Maker Faire, and of course the big Maker Faire Detroit this summer. See you there!
For simple to moderately complex circuits, making your own printed circuit board (PCB) can be a more economical and faster alternative to sending your circuit board layout to a professional PCB manufacturing service. In this class, attendees will learn how to turn a blank, single-sided PCB into a circuit board ready for drilling and soldering.
For more details and to sign up, visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1415258075/eorg
At our next member meeting on Tuesday (5/3 @ 7:30 pm) we will have a representative from the Maker Faire Team to give us some background on this year’s event and to help with any questions you might have on signing up.
i3 Detroit already has a number of projects in the works both group and individual. We will have details on those at the event as well.
It’s going to be a great event. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
phone: (248) 906-8473
For tours, just drop in before a meeting (Tuesdays 5-7pm) or any Friday evening (5-9pm).
Stay Informed – Mailing Lists
|Subscribe to i3 Public Group|
|Visit i3 Public group|