TIG Water Cooler
Revision as of 12:01, 11 May 2013 by JodyBug
What it is
- A device to pump cooling liquid through the TIG Welder torch, and to remove waste heat via a fan and radiator.
Who's working on it
What needs to be done
- General cleaning
- Repair or replace motor (see parts list below)
- Attach new power cord
- New hoses
- Hose parts to screw into welder
- Research and purchase appropriate water cooled torch and lines (starter link)
- Upload pictures of tool to Wiki (Currently available on G+ at this link)
- Motor - 1/4hp, 115/230v, 1725rpm - Currently not turning when power is applied, being investigated
- Radiator - mounted to base - Type? Dimensions? Sound?
- Fan - Attaches to motor via spindle and 5/32 hex setscrew
- Base/reservoir - Dimensions? Sound?
- Hoses - ?
- Cover - attached with 6 sheet metal flathead/hex bolts-and-nuts,
- Cord - Standard grounded plug - old one frayed and cut, replacement needed.
- Motor currently partly disassembled
- Fan Removed
- Mount removed (4 long bolts through casing)