Board Meeting Minutes 20140311
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Action Item Review
- 1.3 Topics and Proposals
- 1.4 Action Items
- 2 Attendance
Chair Justin Triplett
Action Item Review
- Dave Scholl - Come up with a proposal for how donations in zone boxes are reflected in the budget
- Justin Triplett - Make a financial and a membership report
- Evan Allen - Take care of billing B. Nectar for the electric bill
- Justin Triplett - Get scanning on the Mac set up to send i3 official documents to the Bit-Torrent sync
- Evan Allen - Make sure we have paid rent
Topics and Proposals
Web Domain Renewal
Point of Contact: Evan Allen
- Renew for 5 years. $166.
Proper Bumblebee/Wolverine Ventalation
Point of Contact: Andrew Meyer
- Presentation at meeting
Large Project Storage
Point of Contact: Justin Triplett
- Concern over the loss of large project storage was bought up by Terry W. at the previous meeting. I expect it to be discussed again, specifically because Terry has a proposal that he also previously presented.
Proposal for Large Project Area, East Wall Zone Shuffle and 3' Expansion of Kiln Zone. Terry W
- Talked to all Wardens along East Wall and John Sugg (Vaccuuform) by email.
- Proposal is for Large Project Area to be an area from the West edge of the Welding, Plasma, Kiln, Forklift, and Injection zones to a line 18' from the East Wall. We have marked the 18' line for inspection at the meeting.
- The effected wardens would require only Projects be in that area (not furniture or other Group materiel), and Projects be able to be moved (either by having wheels or being on a pallet) so that zone access is not permanently blocked.
- In addition, the East Wall Wardens will be making a proposal to the Board separately to shuffle the plasma cutter into the CNC Zone and slide all zones down.
- Furniture (big white wall, bBQ, trash cans, etc. Will need to be relocated into the commons area or disposed. Reorganization of the common furniture is not within the scope of this proposal
- Large Project Area would be marked by Yellow Tape during Potlock
- Greg will update layout for any approved changes.
Proposal Shuffle East Wall Zones and Expand Kiln Zone from 5' to 8' width
Point of Contact: Terry W
The East Wall Wardens propose the Board change the floor plan allowing:
- to shuffle the plasma cutter into the CNC Zone and slide all zones down. This moves the Plasma Cutter at the Request of CNC Warden Brian W.
- to slide all the other zones to the South along the wall after the Plasma Cutter is moved to the CNC Zone.
- To expand the Kiln Zone width from 5' to 8' to accommodate Ceramics use at the request of Kiln Zone Warden Terry W.
- The expanded Kiln Zone will house the Vacuuform, which is currently in the space with the Plasma Cutter.
- This will all be done at Potlock. Cost $150 from Potlock funds.
February 28 Budget Report
Point of Contact: Terry W
Aug 31, 2013 – Feb 28, 2014 Budget Report Summary
Terry W – Budget Drone Exec. Summary: Happy Dance. Feb.28.2014 Report Spreadsheet (pdf) and a copy of this summary are in i3 Data Vault, Admin/Budget/Report folder.
All of the accounting is now caught up from the transition, including dues logged in the CRM. We will be current from this point onward.
We have successfully absorbed all the big purchases from the last 12 months. We are now back to more money in the bank than when we started. Although this report is for the fiscal year through Feb 28, I have stated the bank balances as of 3/8 because we had a lot of Jan and Feb dues that were just deposited on 3/5 as part of catching up.
I recommend that the Board drop the austerity restrictions at the Board meeting and go back to normal budget spending.
Bank Balance 7/31/13 3/8/14
Emergency Fund $ 5,009 $ 5,010
General Fund $10,441 $16,781
For the Month of February, 2014***
Revenue Feb $ 0
Exp. & Eq Feb -$ 3,542
Net Feb -$ 3,542
- Note this doesn't have deposits of over $12,000 made in early March.
For the Fiscal Year (Starts 8/1/13)***
Planned Dip into General Fund -$8,932
Actual Dip into General Fund -$8,880
Expenses and Equipment are running 93% of budget predictions.
Laser Fund 1483.75 Vinyl Fund 200
Financial Fitness Grade : A-
The only reason I don't give an A is that I want to see dues averages for March and April. Our budget has them at $4900 each month and we are probably right at that number, plus or minus a couple of hundred and I would like to see exactly where we are averaging over a longer period.
END BUDGET REPORT
2013 Tax Return
- Our 990-EZ (nonprofit tax return) is due May 15. We used to file 990-N electronically, but now that our gross receipts are > 50k, we've moved up to the EZ. http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Form-990-Series-Which-Forms-Do-Exempt-Organizations-File%3F-(Filing-Phase-In)
- Anyone know what our state filing requirements are (if any)?
- Ed is available to assist with this process, but can't take lead.
- Justin Triplett