|Notice: Certain tables on this site may not be displayed due to technical difficulties. The issue is currently under investigation.|
Difference between revisions of "DIY Lil' CNC"
(Removed 'not in space' category.)
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
Last edited: [[User:Mysterious Paul|Mysterious Paul]] [[User:Mysterious Paul|Mysterious Paul]]
Last edited: [[User:Mysterious Paul|Mysterious Paul]] [[User:Mysterious Paul|Mysterious Paul]] :, ()
Revision as of 13:50, 28 January 2013
|DIY Lil' CNC|
|Name||DIY Lil' CNC|
|Owner||[[EquipOwner::Paul Kerchen (100%)]]|
|Make Model||[[EquipModel::Built from DIYLILCNC plan version 1.0.3; the Dremel tool is a 300 Series.]]|
|Storage Location||[[EquipLocation::In the center of the shop near the Torquecut.]]|
|Other References||DIY LIL CNC site|
A three-axis CNC-controlled Dremel tool
You must contact the owner about getting an account on the linux box that runs the machine.
- Generate G code
- Load G code into AXIS (or one of the other front-ends).
- Secure workpiece
There is no routine maintenance required. When you're done with it, be sure to power down the controller box AND the linux box (it doesn't automatically power down on shutdown).
Due to an oversight while building it (forgot to put a flat on the bar that the set screw screws into), the y-axis pulley may become loose over time. If this happens, you'll need to remove the access panel on the y-axis uprights and tighten the set screw.
- Can I mill printed circuit boards on this thing? Hasn't been done yet, but should be possible.
- Can I drill printed circuit boards on this thing? Yes! Basically, you just need to translate your drill file to the lingua franca of the mill, G code.
- How do I secure my work piece when milling? The base now has a removable piece of MDF with several 1/4-20 blind nut inserts embedded in it. Using 1/4-20 bolts and fender washers, you can secure your work piece fairly well.
- How fast is the spindle on the Dremel tool? It's variable from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM.
- Build a better workpiece holder
- Tie into shop dust collector