Embroidery Machine - Husqvarna Designer SE
|Embroidery Machine - Husqvarna Designer SE|
|Name||Husqvarna Designer SE|
|Owner||I3 Detroit (100%)|
|Make Model||Husqvarna Viking Designer SE|
|Storage Location||Craft Room, bench under exterior window|
|Documentation||See Husqvarna's online postings of the manual and User's Guide.|
|Other References||The full set of Husqvarna printed documentation is on the bookshelf in the Craft Room. A number of electronic documents and a training disc with limited semi-video walkthroughs are also available. (Note: Due to unclear licensing, these documents are not being made available on the Wiki. For the PDF documents, please see the Craft Room warden, or find the files on the Craft Room laptop under C:\4DEmbroidery\Guides\Reference. For the training dic, please look on the Craft Room bookshelf.)|
A combination sewing/computerized embroidery machine. This page also covers hoops, accessories, and software packages.
- HOWTO Use the Husqvarna for Embroidery
- HOWTO Baste Fabric Using the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Create An Embroidery Design for the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Hoop a Piece of Fabric for the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Change the Thread on the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Execute An Embroidery on the Husqvarna Designer SE
At present, training is required for the embroidery function of the Husqvarna. No training is required to use the Husqvarna as a sewing machine.
To use as a sewing machine:
- Turn the Husqvarna on using the switch on the right side
- If it's not already attached, find the Husqvarna foot pedal under the bench. Plug it in on the right of the machine, near the power cord. (See the thumbnail to the right.)
- Once the LCD boots, select the Sewing Mode icon. (This icon can be found in the blue bar at the very top of the LCD. It's the fifth icon from the right, the leftmost of two which look like sewing machines. See thumbnail.)
- Select your stitch from the on-screen display. For a complete listing of available stitches, see the Husqvarna documentation noted below, or consult a sewing expert.
- Switch the foot.
- In the top drawer of the fabric storage cabinet below the Husqvarna, find the clear box labeled "Husqvarna Feet and Accessories".
- In the upper left-hand corner of the LCD, locate the foot display. Find the foot that looks like the display in the LCD.
- Raise the foot. On the front display, find the button at top right (with a picture of a foot and an up arrow), and press it. (In the following thumbnail, this is labeled as "1".)
- Swap in the new foot. (In the thumbnail, note the metal bar on the foot, labeled as "2". Snap this into the slot labeled "3".
To get more information:
See documentation as noted below, or see Craft Room warden.
During everyday use, a user will have to:
- Change the needle.
- Add or change a thread spool or bobbin, rethread the machine, and thread the needle.
Instructions for completing these tasks will be appended as time permits.
No advanced maintenance tasks have been identified.
Not yet compiled.
Beyond better documentation and investigation into the design/execution toolchain, which are scheduled to be handled by the Warden, the Husqvarna has no pending to-dos.