HOWTO Be Secretary
The Secretary has a bunch of duties! This page should eventually contain info about how to properly perform most or all of them.
Calling a Vote
- Making sure the item is actually something that can be voted on.
- Determining who can vote on it.
- Finalizing the language to be voted on.
- Opening voting.
- Closing voting and announcing results.
- Making a note of the time the meeting starts is important to looking all official-like.
- Record all people in attendance at the meeting; this is important!
- After the meeting ends, post the to this wiki.
- How do you create a page without linking to it from somewhere?
- You go to the name of a prior meeting minutes page, change the name of the link in your browser's location bar, and hit enter!
- To maintain our non-profit status we need to file an annual report here;
typically this report is filed after elections take place in Septemeber. It needs to be filed on or before October 1. The fee is $20.