HOWTO Close up the space
So, it's been a long day of hacking and you're the last one in the space. It's finally time to go home. But wait! Aren't you forgetting something?
- Put your project away. Don't leave it on a workbench. Label it so others know it's yours. Name AND contact info!
- Put tools back in the places from which you got them, or more correctly the place where they belong.
- Sweep sawdust, wires, etc. from the floor.
- Are the trash can bags full? Throw 'em in the dumpster. New bags are in the black "Cleaning Supplies" cabinet.
- Is it Wednesday night? Prep the recycling bin and put it out by the pole.
- If you did something the group should know about, make a post to the Google group! Maybe even a blog entry!
- West shop fans (switch near men's bathroom)
- Make sure the deadbolt to B. Nektar is locked
- West / rear shop lights (breakers near water heater)
- Genie (aerial work platform) plugged in
- Bumble Bee/Wolverine exhaust fan switch located on West wall by the Bumble Bee
- Note: the light outside the men's room by B Nektar, the one between the Fab Lab and Compute Zone, and the one over the North West member storage area stay on for security / safety reasons.
- Windows closed and locked
- Air compressor electrically off (red button on left-hand control panel)
- Air compressor valve closed (blue handle on the pipe by the drill press, perpendicular to the pipe)
- Machine-shop lights off
- Machine-shop radio off
- Thermostats (on wall by tool crib) set back to Run (or 45 deg)
- Rooftop vent fans (switches near thermostats) off
- CNC light off (switch by CNC zone computer)
- Double-check tables are clear, retract cord-reels
- Move Abandoned junk to trash [garbage] or lost and found table [stuff others left behind])
- Turn off commons-area lights (3 switches behind Vending Machine next to electrical panel)
- Keurig powered off, cup removed so it doesn't mold.
- Stinky garbage out before it gets stinkier
- Thermostat (wall by small lab) set back to Run
- Front (glass) door closed and locked, just give it a yank
- Front hallway (fire exit!) clear, items on floor instantly to graveyard.
- Check all of the Soldering Irons in the ELab to make sure they are turned off.
- Turn off class room light
- Welding zone lights off (orange switch plate between the windows)
- Roll-up garage door latch fully engaged (look for green lights on panel)
- Fans off
- Door-area light and power down Moneysucker with switch by "Push to Exit" button.
THANK YOU TREMENDOUSLY for your thoroughness!