HOWTO Program a key
Revision as of 22:02, 22 February 2011 by Nbezanson (still needs work but much better)
- Collect a $5 key deposit and drop it in the treasurer's drop box
- Make sure you have an unassigned key (fob or card) to use.
- Go to the keypad, and make sure it's at the ready screen. (i.e. not waiting for a PIN after a swipe, or otherwise distracted.)
- Enter the super-secret programming code, starting with * and finishing with #.
- Go to Add/Delete
- Add by RF Learn
- Select the next open slot number. Write it down.
- Tag units: 1 (if you have multiple people to add, do the entire procedure separately for them.)
- Close tag into RF area: Wave the unassigned key near the reader. It should pick it up.
- Somehow, ##FIXME##, figure out the ID number of the tag you just programmed in. Write it down.
- Now, change user settings
- Access mode 3: Card and pin
- Careful! It just auto-advanced to the next slot. Back it up so you're working on the slot you just added someone to.
- Now, change PIN
- Let the new member enter their own PIN, 4 digits, don't press anything afterward.
- If it says Success!, you're done. Back out and try the new key.
Any failures, call.... whom? I'll volunteer: Nate B, 248-379-3614.