HOWTO Program a key
Revision as of 19:39, 10 August 2012 by Ed
- Collect a $5 key deposit and drop it in the treasurer's drop box
- Make sure you have an unassigned key (fob or card) to use.
- Go to the keypad, and make sure it's at the ready screen. (i.e. not waiting for a PIN after a swipe, or otherwise distracted.)
- Enter the super-secret programming code, starting with * and finishing with #.
- Go to Add/Delete and hit # to select
- Select "Add by ID" and arrow up/down until you find an open slot (the serial on the bottom will show 00000:00000)
- Write the slot number down.
- Hit * to go back to the menu and select "Add by RF Learn"
- Tag units: 1 (if you have multiple people to add, do the entire procedure separately for them.)
- Close tag into RF area: Wave the unassigned key near the reader. It should pick it up.
- Close the tag into the RF area again, and it will show the key's serial number. Write it down.
- Now, hit # until you are at the main menu and select "User Settings"
- Access mode 3: Card and pin
- Careful! It just auto-advanced to the next slot. Back it up so you're working on the slot you just added someone to.
- Now, change PIN
- Let the new member enter their own PIN, 4 digits, don't press anything afterward.
- If it says Success!, you're done. Back out and try the new key.
Any failures, call.... whom? I'll volunteer: Nate B, 248-379-3614.