|Notice: Certain tables on this site may not be displayed due to technical difficulties. The issue is currently under investigation.|
HOWTO make a blog post
- To get a Wordpress account, mail the members list with your desired screen name and the subject "Blog Access Request"
- For event announcements, make sure the basic questions are answered: Who? (Explicitly state that guests are welcome!) What? When? Where? Why? How? What to bring? How much? Assume that the reader has never heard of the event before -- if this is a followup post, link back to the predecessor.
- For the love of all that is holy, please check your spelling before you hit publish.
- If you are unwilling or unable to make your post sound coherent, save it as a draft and enlist the help of Trevor1, Nate1, or anyone who passed fourth grade English.
- If you are unwilling or unable to use Wordpress yourself, Ted, Nate1, Nate2, Russ, Nick, Ed and probably several others might make the post for you if you ask nicely.
- When adding pictures, please keep them to 500px maximum width. (Draft suggestion. Is 500 the guideline we've been using?)
- If using someone else's photo, pleas make sure you have the rights to do so. The CC-BY-etc licenses are easy to satisfy by linking to the original photographer's page with a sentence at the end of your post, along the lines of "CC-licensed grill photo by bob1234 on Flickr."