The space has four independently-controlled furnaces. Please be aware that a significant fraction of your membership fees are spent on heating.
- Office area
- Central heating (furnace located on roof? in closet? location of air filters?)
- Thermostat located in hallway, between the kitchen door and chem lab door
- Please keep the office area at 55 degrees when unoccupied.
- Our customary office area temperature when occupied is 65 degrees.
- To increase temperature, nudge the "up" arrow until happy. Stop.
- When leaving, push the "run" button to return to the 55-degree setpoint.
- South shop area
- Overhead furnace near main entrance
- Thermostat on shop side of north kitchen wall
- This furnace is NOT TURNED ON right now. Just ignore it.
- North shop area
- Two overhead furnaces in the Fab Lab area
- Each furnace has its own thermostat mounted on the nearest shop wall. (One is behind the sandblaster.)
- The following guidlines apply to both north shop furnace thermostats.
- Please keep the shop area at 45 degrees when unoccupied.
- Our customary shop temperature when occupied is 60 degrees.
- Please do not push the buttons covered with green tape.
- If you feel that you absolutely must push the buttons covered with green tape, please refer to the next bullet point.
- Contact Eric Merrill for information on how to become a fully-fledged member of the thermostat committee.
- To warm the shop for a few hours, push the uncovered buttons to raise the temperature setpoint.
- After some period of time, the thermostat will revert to 45 degrees. When this happens, the temperature setpoint can be manually raised again.
- If you are the last person leaving the shop, please push the run button to immediately revert to 45 degrees.
The shop area has many types of ventilation equipment.
- Shop roof exhaust fans (blocked off in winter)
- Metal shop wall exhaust fans (currently do not work)
- Shop ceiling fans
- Controlled by dimmer switch next to front door
- Recommend half-speed operation in wintertime when space is occupied
- Specialized exhaust systems
- Welding area
- Laser cutter
- Dust collector (under construction)
The office area is air conditioned. Please be aware that a significant fraction of your membership fees are spent on air conditioning.
- Office Area
- Central air conditioning (location of air filters?)
- Thermostat somewhere in the office area
- Our customary office area temperature when occupied is ?? degrees.
- Please turn off the air conditioning when the office area is unoccupied.
- How to work this thermostat?