Hackerspace Management Software
Revision as of 10:00, 9 August 2012 by Cmounts (Removed protection from "Hackerspace Management Software": This is a project page and should not be protected)
Hackerspace Manager will be a web application. It will require IE7+, FF3+, or any other standards compliant browser. It will leverage:
- Linux Server
- PHP 5
- MooTools (AJAX)
Required features for launch
- get user login from mediawiki.
- searchable member skills and available tools database
- member's only index of member contact info. (Address, Phone, Email, Skype, Various IM...)
- Personal Project Listings (public and private)
Requested features for launch
- Member points compensation system for free beverages, snacks, or possibly a discounted membership fee
- Equipment management or "Clearance" system (wouldn't want noobs to get hurt)
- Meeting attendance system
- Google Groups, Maps, and Calendar integration.
Features Wish List
- Member log in system - When you first enter the space you must login to track who is in the space and when
- Camera integration - This would be nice to allow us to display the spaces video cameras for members
- Space Committees Management - If we have different rotating teams of clean up crews, tool crews, etc.. it would be nice to track who is responsible for what each month
- Book Library Management and check out - This would be nice to card catalog our books and if someone wants to check out a book we can keep track of who has what. It would be cool if we can setup a 30 day automatic return email to the member who check the book out.