Project lead: User:Agmlego
This project is to wholly replace the currently-installed WelcomeSwitch, adding better maintainability and functionality.
Code and board files live at the i3Detroit Github page.
- Timer to show time to picture.
- New IP camera for picture of switch-flipper.
- Better integration into website.
- IRC integration.
- OAuth support for Twitter.
- Better physical switch.
- Tie-in to OpenAccess.
- Finish Twitter code.
- Finish/replace IRC code (currently using phenny, which kind of sucks.)
- Write IO code, BeagleBone target.
- Read switch, preferably on interrupt.
- Trigger camera, software/hardware?.
- Run SPI-connected 7-segment display for timer.
- Status LEDs.
- Better website integration, maybe an uploaded file to a2hosting instead of site-hosted file?
- System integration
- Display alternating date/time when not counting down
- Custom cape for IO (with OpenAccess stuff too) and power
Switch tie-in, likely replacing switch guts with microswitch.
Gut and refinish switch box.
- Mounting of box, camera, power supply.
- Some Twitter code
- Some IRC code
- New EyeToy camera
- Gutted and finished switch box
- Box completely stripped of old paint using sandblaster
- Display cutout done with air nibbler (rough), die grinder (less rough), Dremel grinder (almost not rough), and hand files (smooth)
- Finish on box is polyurethane varnish, 1.5 coats
- 0.5 coat was applied after rain washed some of the varnish away
- Yellowed areas are where 0.5 coat pooled
- Lettering is Liberation Mono, laser-engraved into varnish using Wolverine with speed 100 and power 40
- Darker lettering is multiple passes; notably, the "i3Detroit Twitterbot" bit is 8 passes
- Lettering lightly coated after engraving with polyurethane varnish
- Display is glued to smoked acrylic with acrylic glue, and glued into slot with hot glue
- OpenAccess integration/replacement.
- Website-hit tie-in to alert space if switch is off and people are looking...
- IRC/Twitter tie-in for virtual doorbell.