Laser Cutter - Bumblebee
There are two of these. They are identical.
- Name: Bumblebee
- Owner: Group-owned, purchased with funds collected from far and wide.
- Name: Wolverine
- Owner: Roger Slykhouse
|Laser Cutter - Bumblebee|
|Name||Bumblebee and Wolverine|
|Make Model||Jinan G. Weike / WKLaser LC1280|
|Storage Location||West wall, you can't miss it.|
|Other References||Add links to any other sources that pertain to this equipment.|
Put the rules that govern the use of this tool here.
- Who is allowed to use it?
- Is there any traning required before use?
- Place material (square to edge of honeycomb).
- Cover inactive honeycomb area except an "intake" in front of the material. This directs smoke away from the gantry.
- Turn on main switch. This should bring up the chiller and air-assist pump.
- Push gently on rubber hose to trigger chiller alarm, verifying that it's awake.
- Turn keyswitch to on, and wait for boot and home to complete.
- Jog head over to start of cut.
- Grab a focus-chip and keep one hand over emergency-stop while setting Z.
- Wave hand under head and verify that air-assist is blowing.
- Download design from LaserCut software.
- Keep one hand over emergency-stop while using Test to check boundaries.
- Turn on the exhaust fan.
- Lift the fire extinguisher and set it back down. This verifies that your muscle-memory knows where it is.
- Press Start.
- DO NOT WALK AWAY. See http://www.thinkhaus.org/2011/04/03/lazzoring-is-serious-business/ for why.
Does this thing need it's oil changed every 30 cycles? People need to know!
A list of commonly asked questions
What problems does this thing have, or are there improvements that would make it better.