Laser Cutter - Wolverine
|Laser Cutter - Wolverine|
|"File:Laser_cutter_110212.jpeg|200px|thumb|left|alt text" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki. [[Image:|
|Make Model||Jinan G. Weike / WKLaser LC1290|
|Storage Location||West wall, you can't miss it.|
|Other References||Two good sources of info:|
Put the rules that govern the use of this tool here.
- i3 Members may use this machine with permission of the owner
- You must be trained to use this machine.
- Place material (square to edge of honeycomb).
- Cover inactive honeycomb area except an "intake" in front of the material. This directs smoke away from the gantry.
- Turn powerstrip for the chiller and blower on. This should bring up the chiller and air-assist pump.
- Push gently on rubber hose to trigger chiller alarm, verifying that it's awake.
- Turn keyswitch to on, and wait for boot and home to complete.
- Jog head over to start of cut.
- Grab a focus-chip and keep one hand over emergency-stop while setting Z.
- Wave hand under head and verify that air-assist is blowing.
- Download design from LaserCut software.
- Keep one hand over emergency-stop while using Test to check boundaries.
- Turn on the exhaust fan.
- Lift the fire extinguisher and set it back down. This verifies that your muscle-memory knows where it is.
- Press Start.
- DO NOT WALK AWAY. See http://www.thinkhaus.org/2011/04/03/lazzoring-is-serious-business/ for why.
We do not know the maintenance schedule for this machine yet. The tube is warranted for 10 months and eventually will need to be replaced. The glass should be cleaned regularly, and the screw drives for the Z-axis should be checked for lubrication.
A list of commonly asked questions
Develop a list of materials, with speed and power settings for various cutting depths. Add bumpers under the lid. Add stringer gas shocks so the lid does not slam shut.