MIG Welder - Hobart RC250
Revision as of 22:55, 26 April 2014 by Pajamapuma (Pajamapuma moved page Hobart-RC250 to MIG Welder: Hobart-RC250)
|MIG Welder - Hobart RC250|
|"File:Hobart_RC-250.jpg | thumb" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki. [[Image:|
|Name||Hobart Mig Welder|
|Make Model||Hobart RC-250|
|Storage Location||Welding Area, against the wall.|
|Documentation|| *Hobart MIG Welder Manual we have spec 5719B-1 pages 52-53 for schematics
|Other References||* Welder consumables are on this list: Welding Shop Consumables|
Be Trained!! This machine takes some playing with to get the hang of.
- Turn on the Gas bottle at the wall rack. Remember that the seal system for inert gas only completely seals the stem at full closed and full open. Turn the knob in the desired direction until it stops. When the "Purge" switch is pressed, you can adjust the argon/co2 flow (watch the red ball in the vertical glass tube).
- Check the power disconnect switch on on the wall. (BusBar #1 Hobart Welder) Is it turned on?
- Adjust current/wire speed, corse voltage and fine (start low so you don't fuse the tip shut, if you do.. replace it!)
- Wire not feeding? Check the wire switch is set to "fwd"
- start 1/4-1/2" away from material. (too close and you'll fuse the tip shut)
- Adjusted machine settings in control box. Seemed to help with tip fusing issue.
- 12-21-2013 Arg/Co2 1900PSI
- Find replacement for current adjustment rheostat. Range is too touchy,