Meeting Minutes 20101207
I3 bi*weekly General Members Meeting
Where: i3Detroit (commons area) When: Dec 6th, 2010 7:30pm
No issues have been called for a vote
* what direction are we taking and when do we expect for it to be installed?
** We can't install the heaters would be caluding to break the law ** Starting installation tomorrow (Dec 8th 2010) * End: TBD ** Need help with electrical breakers talk to Eric if interested
* Who is taking care of winterizing the space? This is a priority one task ** Vents need to be sealed ** Windows need plastic covering.
===Working groups report:=== * 501c3 ** Ed has posted a Google Doc list of questions to ask the CPA or other professionals about 501c3 related ** Milestones figured out ** New bylaws are begining to be drafted ** Hopefully record the Q&A session with the CPA * PR ** went over 13 project * working on getting our notes out to the group ** PR Work list *** Media List *** Editorial Calendar *** Posting Guidelines & Timeline *** SEO *** Ambassador Program *** Evergreen Marketing Materials *** Evergreen Swag *** Logo Strategy *** Hackersafe House *** Guest Posting & Commenting Strategy *** Social Strategy *** Building Interactive Floorplan *** Tour Video *** Major Event Strategy * Web ** nothing to report
===PPT Inventory party:===
* We have a meeting setup with Jim Krandal to help with our personal property tax * We really need elp with getting everything inventoried * don't worry about member storage * The meeting will occur on Sunday
===DUCF:=== * What was awesome ?
**6000 attendees, i3 got exposure to ~1k people **props to Matt for his EL wire setup
* What can be improved upon ?
**cheaper make and take
**check out the layout beforehand
**more signage, signs at eye level
===Logo:=== * deadline nearing. December 21st (the 3rd Tuesday meeting)
===Shop Mess:=== * Trash run * Large projects * Stuff not put away * Please note the space near the door is a loading and unloading zone only
===Tent/Fort:=== * building a cozy hangout area/ potential classroom/media*gaming room off backside of loft * walls to be made of suspended patchwork curtans * possible transparent desk built off top backside of loft * request for materials * need to work out how to keep it safe * Eric talk to fire marshell<\b> * possible conflicts with computer storage and podcast trailer
===Tri-hackerspace holiday party:=== * SE hackerspace holiday party, OCD is kinda onboard. Jan 1st or Dec 26th * proposed dates * Who would be involved/invited * who's hosting * snowball launcher contest
===FIRST update:=== * Orientation this Saturday ( Dec 11, 2010) * Intro the First team to the space and to volunteering members
===New i3 Business:===
* Wood working show Dec 17th * Free booth but we need to man the booth all day all weekendi * we have 3 tickets * We have a Working Maker Bot, Class being scheudled