|Notice: Certain tables on this site may not be displayed due to technical difficulties. The issue is currently under investigation.|
Meeting Minutes 20140603
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Action Item Review
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.6 Action Items
- 1.7 Broom Party
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Chair Justin Triplett
- 4 new people - interested in electronics, art, woodworking
- Gary M. - Hasn't been here for a while, spent the winter in Florida, fixing his lawn cart, does woodwork, metal work, and Arduino
- Matt Huber - has Ham license, does Power Racing Series with a fast car! does
Action Item Review
Show and Tell
- Joseph is a chemist
- Made some custom shelving for vacuum gauge equipment
48" Vernier Caliper
- Andrew M. - has it
- Some guy came by and wanted to get rid of it
- Metal shop can use it
- It's worth some money that the space could use, or do we want to keep it?
- Point of contact: Matt Huber
- New i3MotorSports SIG Created
- PowerWheels build time
- MakerFaire Powerwheels Marshalls needed
- Meetings were scheduled for Sunday afternoons, but no one who said they would be free could come
- Car needs to get built up and running to represent a tradition at i3
- Possibly get a second car going too
- Email Matt H. if you are interested
Red Bull Creation
- Point of contact: Konrad B.
- Stuff needs to get done
- We need a team leader
- Event happening Tuesday July 8th to Saturday 12th
- Happening here in Detroit at the Lincoln Art Park
- Marie might be able to be team leader
- Point of contact: Konrad B.
- New, robust pulley system with chain
- Now with more cowbell
- There's also a working mechanical iris
- We might take the iris to Maker Faire - Andrew M
Maker Faire 2014 Update
- Point of Contact: Maddy Winans
- Entries due by June 6th --FRIDAY.
- Maddy will help sign you up
- Maker Faire After party funds, are these different than Maker Faire general funds?
- $500 is available for Maker Faire logistics
- $1000 for the after party as a separate budget item plus some from the pop fund
- Maker Faire fliers are available to pass out
- Point of Contact: Not Jamie.
- Someone should take on the task of understanding the Code and contacting the city, just to touch base.
- That someone should be able to entertain the numerous ideas and figure out which ones are legal and practical.
- That someone should, possibly before the above steps, consider bringing the subject up at a meeting and getting committee status for it, which would make the single-effort thing official, among other benefits like easier budgeting.
- All the rest of us should kindly refrain from bikeshedding unless someone actually doing something asks for our input.
- Check out the Sign Committee page for more discussion
- Greg S. volunteer lead the sign committee
- The current banner looks bad, but we might have a second one
- Nope, the second one is the one we have right now, looks really bad
- Nate B. knows where we had them made last time (That would be Signazon.)
- A guest says Modern Sign Studio, contact Douglas Christie, he's off of Woodward Heights
Marigolds and Mosquitoes
- Point of contact: Max/Leonard
- Without air conditioning and summer heat, we leave the door open
- Planting marigolds can be used to deter mosquitoes and other insects
Review of Shutdown Procedures
- Point of contact: Konrad
- Air compressor and sound system have not been properly turned off lately
- Also the CNC light has been left on, which takes a lot of power
- We might take some bright
- June 14th or June 21st
- More consensus toward June 21st as a good day
- We got mixed up a bit, but we have budget for pot lock, everything is good.
- Next budget is 5 month (Aug 2014 thru Dec 2014
- Going to year budget in 2015
- Terry sent out packets of information to wardens about what they need
- June 30th is the deadline for budget items
- We want it out of here, sold
Maker Space in Sarasota Florida
- Point of contact: Gary M.
- City owned
- Makers got upset with the city and disbanded
- They're trying to reorganize
- They might want an email thread or conference call with i3 to get ideas of how to organize
- Check the Hackerspaces General Discussions on hackerspace.org
- 3D Printer is working thanks to Ken S and Derek
- Filament order is going out in the next couple of days - contact Andrew Meyer
- He cannot order ninjaflex or glow in the dark
- You're welcome to bring your own, but make sure you don't break the machine
- Andrew is not a fan of cheap filament because it is likely bad for the 3D Printer
- Point of contact: Terry W
- Glass Kiln and Ceramic Kiln UP 100% in May
- High Temp Kiln is DOWN for parts.
- Repair on Dome of Glass Kiln pushed until Aug.
- New nice metal drill bits
- Make sure
- New buffing wheel
- We have a 5 HP buffer, with a 2 HP wheel on it
- Be careful! Don't get any lose clothing caught in the buffer
- Greg wants to thank Leonard for doing amazing woodworking and cleaning up the woodshop while he was at it! applause!
- Woodcraft on Van Dyke has good prices on nice plywood
- Andrew M. - Register kitchen door iris with Maker Faire
- Greg S. - Start sign committee, check back in July
- Vinyl Sign
- Max - paint the switches bright so people can see them for shutdown
- Time completed:
- Funds appropriated: