Difference between revisions of "Meeting Minutes 20140701"
(Meeting minutes! Now with pictures!)
(→Attendance: forgot to pass around the attendance sheet....)
|Line 129:||Line 129:|
* Justin Triplett
* Justin Triplett
Latest revision as of 19:52, 1 July 2014
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Action Item Review
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.6 Action Items
- 1.7 Broom Party
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Chair Justin Triplett
Visitor David-electrical engineer New member Ben-arduino stuff
Action Item Review
Painting the Roses Red
- Max - paint the switches bright so people can see them for shutdown
- Mostly done
- Greg S. - Start sign committee, check back in July (info this mtg)
- 2 prototypes shown
- Do we need it to say i3detroit or i3?
- People already know what they're looking for, only need simple sign
- Other people want the full sign with "i3 Detroit, imagine, innovate, and inspire"
- Have a complex sign in the window, simple one on the main
- Greg to come up with more designs and ask the mailing list
Show and Tell
- New CO2 fire extinguishers
- Nate got them all re-certified and refilled today
- Very cheap to refill!
- Everyone should practice with these so there's less hesitation in an actual fire
- Nate was on fire, and Charlie practiced putting him out
- New brochures
- Finally have the new brochures printed
- For maker faire and having around the space, give them to everyone!
- The Fall Election process is not well documented and confusing to new members
- Last fall we just made up a process that no one seemed to have a huge problem with
- Greg wants to create a fall election process for Standing Rules
- Define CEOs role and responsibility
- Nominating process
- Board election
- Officer election
- Power Racing Series at Makerfaire (Matt H)
- Every team competing needs to provide at least one volunteer to the PRS for the weekend. This volunteer will be used by the organizers as they see fit, most likely as a track marshal. Volunteers get a fancy T-shirt. I'd like to see i3 provide multiple volunteers if possible.
- Don't need a ton of experience
- Not necessarily a full-day time commitment
- Can probably get free admission to Maker Faire
- Hackaday meetup
- Hooray, 60-80 of our closest friends we haven't met yet!
- Holy crap, the hordes are descending!
- NEED HELP for waiver duty, tour guides, parking directors...
- Talk to Nate B if you want to help, he's very obviously clueless at party planning
- There's already a list thread on the topic, contribute ideas there
- Proposal: Front Hallway Walls [Craft Room]
- Need room to let paintings dry undisturbed
- Hang paintings on the wall in the hallway by the craft room
- Form to tag paintings with to identify ownership and time of leaving
- Bill Putt's i3 Golf Cart
- Golf cart is used to shuttle people around at Maker Faire very awesomely
- He needs $600 for new batteries, only 1/4 of the way there so far
Coming Soon: Casting!
- Plaster and latex castings?
Let Kevin know if there are any supplies you'd liked
no updates, things are good!
- PID Controllers Are working, need to mount thermocouples.
- Large hydraulically controlled machine of DOOOOOOOOOOM
- Charlie needs help overcoming the Doom, please help!
- Everything is pink, return anything pink to the Tool Crib
- There is now a broken tools bin, on the wall on the far side of the I
- IF you see a broken tool, put it in the bin!
- IF you break a thing, you could be nice and leave a donation
- Please Clean Up
- Mini class July 7, 2014
- General Wood Shop intro 7:30 PM
- Time completed:
- Funds appropriated: