Meeting Minutes 20140715

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search


Agenda

Chair Justin Triplett

Introductions

  • Jason coworker of Ted Hansen, who is a pretty swell Red
  • With Max out of town, member signups are suspended this month, but prospective members are still encouraged to participate and let's do a brief orientation after the meeting anyway

Action Item Review

Show and Tell

  • Compute zone money box was made by Greg and is pretty
  • Rubber band shooting gallery by Dave, now with windchimes!
  • Red Bull made us a cool sign that needs some up-lighting

New Business

RBC wrapup

  • We won 2 awards!
    • People's Chocie FSL3D
    • Team Chocie: a weird broken trike
  • Project: RoboCrop and greenhouse made of windshields
  • So much media coverage! Jamie might write a blog post (possibly only while drunk?)
    • Looking for more RBC/Hackaday pictures from this weekend
  • Putting away tools and stuff returned from RBC -- Pair up with a new member and use this as training!

Website & social media

  • Everyone needs to step up to help with this since Matt 0 and his metrics are in Boston

Hackaday meetup wrapup

  • It was a great success!
  • Nate thanks everyone for helping out
  • Nate B could use some help turning gopro timelapse JPGs into a video
  • Looking for more RBC/Hackaday pictures from this weekend

Windsor Hackforge carpool, anyone?

  • Some windsor hackforge folks came to the hackaday meetup
  • Every other Thursday, 6PM there are Tech Talks at the Windsor Public libary

The Maker Faire is coming, the Maker Faire is coming!

  • Maker Faire After Party-
  • U-Haul truck - Marie is in charge of ordering and coordinating the Transportation of projects.
    • If you want your project to go on the truck, Talk to Marie. You must be present to load and unload your project.
    • Also give Marie your $$$.
    • Loading starts Friday, 25th. Marie will make 2 runs, one in the morning, one in the evening
    • Konrad/Marie will start thread about truck needing
    • Coordinate with Bill Putt and his go-cart
  • Maker Faire after party-- Officially Saturday 07/26 at 8PM. More details to come on the mailing list as far as flyer and Facebook event, etc.
    • Cleaning Party Next Tuesday hosted by Maddy.
    • Less of a dance party than last year, maybe not have the cops called on us as many times
    • New audio equipment because renting last year was super expensive
    • Party meeting after this meeting
  • Greg brought in racks for small art projects
  • Reply to the thread if you've registered your project
  • All registered projects need to submit a safety plan by July 18th, assistants by the 21sr
  • PPPRS still needs Track Marshall for Sunday- contact Matt Huber if interested
    • Free admission for you and we don't have to pay a fine!
  • Maker Mixer Friday 07/25; If you have a project, go to this.
  • Contact Maddy with any questions about maker faire at all, or if you need anything extra like tables, chairs.

Disposal of Chemicals, Cleaning Paint Brushes

  • Point of contact: Konrad B
  • Discuss proper disposal techniques
  • People are dumping paint thinner down the sinks and they are getting clogged
  • Some options
    • Making space for settling tanks to reuse solvents rather than dumping down drain, which lets the waste settle out so you can skim off the clean solvent to re-use
    • smell: you would have it covered so the smell wouldn't be the worst
    • Using an absorbent material such as kitty litter to dispose of solvents as solid waste
    • We need more space for flammables, since some paint is next to the water heater
    • Possible proposal for new flammables cabinet
  • Paint Recycling
    • All paint should be dated when it is brought in, since most people are donating things from their basement
    • Can combine all the old paint into one container to bring to SOCCRA

Chemical Storage and Disposal Wiki page created for more brainstorming

Re-doing election Processes

  • POC: Greg Smith
  • Meeting Friday night 7/18 at 7PM

Zone updates

Bike Zone

CNC Zone

  • Point of contact: Brian W
  • Open CNC July 17th
    • First and third Thursday
    • Show off projects, see what other people are doing
    • Pizza and good times
  • Sherline
    • LIttle CNC similar to Paul's
    • Great for beginners to learn about CNC on
    • Working on an issue. It is either with the stepper motors or the drivers.
  • CNC Plasma
    • Ventilation is taking longer than expected
    • Assembly required to set up sheeting
  • Bridgeport CNC
    • Gone!
    • Tooling for it was donated by members at the time, and could not be re-used for the HAAS
    • $500 of the sale donated back to the space

Compute Zone

Craft Room

E Lab

  • PLEEEASE email the ZW when you use the last of something!
  • Nate does not do regular checks, but is happy to re-order parts for the space
  • Hackforge folks brought us some VFD tubes as a friendship gesture, gave 'em some Nixies and a pile of capacitors to take back
  • Nate + hackforge, Best Friends Forever

Fab Lab

New 3D resin printer! FSL3D http://www.fsl3d.com/pegasus-touch/

  • We will need to work out resin ordering
    • $100/L, which works out to $0.10/g
  • It will arrive in August probably

Kiln Zone

Laser Zone

Metal Shop

Tool Crib

Tree House

Vinyl Zone

Welding Zone

Wood Shop

Action Items

Broom Party

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed:
  • Funds appropriated:
  • Attendees:

Attendance

  • Justin Triplett
  • Steve Nowicki
  • Brian Wennberg
  • Evan Allen
  • ROger S
  • Jason Prasad
  • Gary Morin
  • Matt Huber
  • Dave Scholl
  • Greg SMith
  • Adrienne Patterson
  • Nathan Warnick
  • James Odell
  • CHris Allington
  • Mike Fink
  • Jamie Burdeski
  • Konrad Brown
  • Andrew Meyer
  • Marie Therese Enga
  • Nate Bezanson
  • CHarlie Rysenga