Membership Proposal 20100803 Proposal For Annual Elections
PROPOSAL TO AMEND BYLAWS FOR ANNUAL ELECTION
WHEREAS the membership desires:
- To hold an annual election for directors/officers on the third
Tuesday of September;
- To allow voting in person or by absentee ballot at this election;
- To allow $39 members to run for director/officer positions;
- To allow $39 members to vote for directors/officers, but not on any
- To change the maximum number of directors from five to seven.
WE RESOLVE to amend the following sections in the bylaws to read as follows:
Article 3. Members
Section 1. Determination and Rights of Members
The corporation shall have two classes of members: Core and Limited. No member shall hold more than one membership in the corporation.
Section 4. Fees and Dues
The amount required for monthly dues shall be $89 for Core members and $39 for Limited members. Dues are payable to the treasurer each month by the first regular meeting of the members of the corporation. Dues may be prorated at the discretion of the board. The board may establish scholarships to cover the all or part of the dues dues of members who can demonstrate financial need.
Article 4. Meetings of Members
Section 2. Regular Meetings
A regular meeting of members shall be held on the third Tuesday of September, at 7:00 P.M., for the purpose of electing directors and officers and transacting other business as may come before the meeting. The candidates receiving the highest number of votes up to the number of directors to be elected shall be elected. Each voting member shall cast one vote, with voting being by ballot only. Members unable to vote in person may request an absentee ballot from the Secretary. The annual meeting of members for the purpose of electing directors shall be deemed a regular meeting.
Other regular meetings of the members shall be held on the first and third Tuesday of each month, at 7:00 P.M.
If the day fixed for a regular meeting falls on a legal holiday, such meeting shall be held at the same hour and place on the next business day.
Section 7. Voting Rights
Each Core member is entitled to one vote on each matter submitted for a vote by the members. Each Limited member is entitled to vote only on the election of Directors and Officers. Voting at duly held meetings shall be by voice vote and/or electronic message and/or written ballot. Election of directors and officers, however, shall be by written ballot and/or electronic message only. Votes by proxy or other means other than a direct communication with the Secretary will not be considered valid. Votes must be cast within 72 hours of the vote opening.
Article 5. Directors
Section 1. Number
The corporation shall have at least five (5) and no more than seven (7) directors and collectively they shall be known as the board of directors.
Section 2. Qualifications
Qualifications for directors of this corporation shall be as follows:
1. Directors shall be of the age of majority in this state; 2. Directors shall be Core or Limited members of this corporation,
in good standing.
- 2010-08-03: Meeting Russ officially announces he's stepping down as president in September and first raises discussion on hold annual elections. Other officer's and members express being in favor of elections.
- 2010-08-17: MeetingAn initial draft was brought up at the meeting. Consensus of the group discussion leads to a redrafting with some changes, Non-core members will get a vote in the election only was the most noteworthy change.
- 2010-08-19 3:21pm: Voting Opens in the Google Groups
- 2010-08-22 3:21pm: Voting Closed, Proposal Passed.
Proposal Passes 11 - Yes, 2 - No, 6 - Abstain.
Y -Bender, Joseph N -Bezanson, Nathaniel Y -Britsky, Nick A -Callahan, Barry Y -Cook, Trevor A -Corsetti, Mario Y -Didorsi, Andy N -Frost, Phil Y -Hansen, Ted A -Hill, Jeff Y -Jagoda, Trevor A -Klampel, Bernie Y -McMahon, Brad A -McNeilly, Simon John Y -Platt, Edward L A -Smith, Ross Y -Switlik, Matthew Gary Y -Wolfe, Jaime Y -Wolfe, Russ