CNC Plasma Cutter
|CNC Plasma Cutter|
|Owner||Walter Fruge (100%)|
|Storage Location||To the left of the welding table.|
4' x 4' CNC Plasma Cutter (able to cut up to 1/2" steel / aluminum / copper / ...)
Must be on the list of operators to actually run the machine, but anyone can request a part to be cut. This will be flushed out better once the tool chain is set up.
You can write the instructions here. Or maybe add a link to another page or the user's manual.
Maintenance Info is kept on this page:
A list of commonly asked questions
- What are the Consumables for the machine?
- Torch Tips. To-Do: Need ordering and pricing info.
- Steel Support Mesh. Over time the steel support mesh gets consumed as the torch makes cuts. A new set of support steel can be fabricated on the Plasma Cutter - which is just cool.
- Can the Plasma Cutter be used as a pen plotter?
- Yes, there is an attachment that allows for a spring mounted marker to be used.
- Is it hard to convert the machine over to using the pen plotter option?
- No, two hex-head screws clamp the pen attachment onto the torch head. Simply turn off the power switch on the plasma control panel and your good to go. Oh, and don't forget to set the pen height using "touch off" inside LinuxCNC. Typically, the pen height, when the pen is down, is set to zero. Then, a positive 1" height is set as the "safe height".
In the final stages of being set up. Tool chain still needs to be defined.