SawStop Table Saw
|SawStop Table Saw|
|Name||SawStop Table Saw|
|Make Model||SawStop PCS31230-TPG236 10" Professional Cabinet Saw|
|Part Number||S/N P131230787 Service Date 6-12-2013|
|Storage Location||This table saw is located in the Wood Shop|
|Documentation||* Owners Manual|
|Other References||* SawStop table saw consumables are on this list: Wood Shop Consumables|
For sawing wood.
- Authorization Required for member or guest to Use this Tool Contact a Coordinator or trainer
- Training for Authorization is Required and is listed here: Wood Shop Training
- Ripping kiln dried wood, cross cutting panels.
- Do not cut metals, conductive materials, anything with carbon such as laser cut or engraved traces, green wood, wet wood. If in doubt contact a Woodshop Coordinator.
- In the event of a safety trip i3 will cover the brake cartridge cost, the member will pay for a new Saw Blade $100 range
- Other trips, from unauthorized use or material, the member or guest replaces the brake and the blade Approx. $190
- Either the saw safety guard or riving knife must always be used. Never make a cut with out this protection.
- If using the riving knife, please remove it when you are done and reinstall the full blade guard.
- After use if using an alternative blade (plywood) replace it with the Combination blade.
- After use return the blade to its normal position "vertical"
- The saw must be off and unplugged when changing the blade guard or riving knife and when making any internal adjustments
- Do not set water or drink containers on the cast iron table
- Please use the dust collector when sawing
- Check the condition and location of the blade to assure it is correct for your cut, make sure the blade is clear.
- To start the saw, first make sure the Start/Stop paddle is in the “OFF” position (i.e., pushed in) and then turn the main power switch to the “ON” position by flipping the toggle upward.
- The saw control switch ( will start with green and blinking red) after which it will show a steady green light and red off indicating it is ok to start the motor.
- To start the motor pull the start/stop paddle out. To stop the motor push the start/stop paddle in. The paddle is designed so that it can be pushed in by the operator's leg or knee in an emergency.
- It is not necessary to turn off the main power switch after pushing in the Start/Stop paddle to turn off the motor. If you plan to make several cuts with the saw, you can leave the main power switch in the ON position between cuts to eliminate the delay due to the initialization routine. Once you have finished using the saw, turn the main power switch to OFF to reduce the likelihood of inadvertent start-up.
- Introduction to SAWSTOP, assumes knowledge of table saw general use. = media:SawStop_Introduction.pdf
- Table saw basics class outline. media:Table_Saw_Basics.pdf
Sawing off Book Bindings
- NEVER TRY SAWING OFF A BOOK BINDING THAT CONTAINS ANY TYPE OF METAL (e.g. staples), ALWAYS CAREFULLY INSPECT FIRST!
- Although it can be done, it is not recommended. Book bindings often contain glue can heat up and mix with the shredded paper. This mix sticks to the other parts of the machine. Later on, other particles can attach and cause a malfunction.
- After sawing, the mix of glue/paper must be carefully removed from all parts of the machine using a tool that won’t scratch any part of the machine, such as a thin piece of wood along with a soft brush. Make sure that both the internal and external parts of the machine where the saw dust may have gone are inspected and cleaned as needed.
- When in doubt, ask the zone warden!
In Event of Emergency or Saw Safety Trip
- Call 911 if you are hurt and do not move your work, we need to document any failure or accident, take pictures, call one of the wardens.
- An accident report must be filled out.
Do not try and repair or replace parts with-out Coordinator approval.
- Keep table clean, clear and dry
- What happens if the safety brake trips?
The saw comes to an abrupt stop, loud noise, and the blade lowers as part of the energy absorption mechanics.
- Is the brake cartride or blade reusable?
No, the brake cartridge and saw blade are rendered unusable.
- How much do the brake cartridges cost?
- How wet is wet ?
Any wood that has been left outside exposed to the elements for an extended time. Green freshly cut wood.
- Will this system prevent Kickback?
NO, all normal kickback precautions must be taken
- make cutting fixtures and storage for saw things
Authorized Users and Trainers
|User Name||Authorized By||Authorized Date|
|Evan Allen||Greg Smith||2015/03/26|
|Mark Ament||Greg Smith||2014/06/01|
|Nickolas Anderson||Greg Smith||06/29/2013|
|Jon Anderson||Greg Smith||2013/06/12|
|John Anderson||Greg Smith||06/13/2013|
|Ryan Ball||Greg Smith||06/18/2013|
|Cody Barz||Dave Scholl||2014/12/16|
|Joseph Bauman||Dave Scholl||2014/11/21|
|Brandon Biller||Konrad Brown||2015/01/06|
|Konrad Brown||Greg Smith||2013/12/06|
|Shadow Daiz||Dave Scholl||2015/01/06|
|Mike Fink||Greg Smith||2015/03/26|
|Fai Foen||Greg Smith||2016/01/25|
|James Freed||Greg Smith||2016/01/25|
|Matt Gardeski||Greg Smith||2016/01/25|
|Cameron Geralds||Dave Scholl||2014/12/16|
|Aaron Greenwell||Greg Smith||2015/03/26|
|Leonard Kinnaird-Heether||Greg Smith||2013/12/06|
|Ted Hansen||Greg Smith||2013/12/06|
|David Henry||Dave Scholl||2014/11/07|
|Matt Huber||Greg Smith||2015/03/26|
|Simon Hurst||Greg Smith||2014/10/26|
|Thad Johnson||Greg Smith||2015/07/17|
|Tom Kim||Greg Smith||2015/09/01|
|Ron Knockeart||Greg Smith||2015/05/05|
|Nick Kriete||Greg Smith||2015/03/23|
|Keegan Kuvach||Dave Scholl||2014/10/11|
|Duran Mapson||Greg Smith||2014/11/05|
|Rocco Marras||Greg Smith||2014/08/01|
|Collin Martel||Greg Smith||2015/07/17|
|Steve Marlow||Greg Smith||2014/10/29|
|Tyler Marlow||Greg Smith||2014/10/29|
|Colin Martin||Greg Smith||2015/11/15|
|Mark Metcalf||Greg Smith||2015/07/09|
|Mark Miles||Greg Smith||2013/06/29|
|Charlie Mooney||Greg Smith||2016/01/25|
|Zachary Nash||Greg Smith||2015/11/15|
|Steve Nowicki||Greg Smith||2013/06/18|
|Chris Orth||Greg Smith||2015/01/15|
|Christine Osinski||Greg Smith||2013/06/14|
|Christopher Platzer||Greg Smith||2013/06/13|
|Charlie Rysenga||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Kirsten Schaefer||Dave Scholl||2014/11/25|
|Dave Scholl||Greg Smith||2013/06/13|
|Adam Scholl||Greg Smith||2013/06/13|
|Steve Shmanske||Greg Smith||2013/06/13|
|Rob Stein||Greg Smith||2015/03/23|
|John Sugg||Greg Smith||2013/06/13|
|Justin Triplett||Greg Smith||2013/06/13|
|Nate W||Greg Smith||2014/10/29|
|Nicole Weltman||Greg Smith||2015/03/26|
|Brian Wennberg||Greg Smith||2013/06/13|
|Trainer Name||Certified Date|