Difference between revisions of "Sketchup to LaserCut"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
Revision as of 16:20, 24 June 2012
- Install the DXF or STL export plug in for Google Sketchup. You can download it here: http://www.guitar-list.com/download-software/convert-sketchup-skp-files-dxf-or-stl
- Draw your design in Sketchup.
- Use the Section Plane Tool to select which 2D slice you want to export.
- Select the section plane that you just created, it should be highlighted in blue.
- In the Tools menu, choose Export to DXF or STL
- You should see a dialog box labeled Export Units. Choose millimeters.
- You should see a dialog box labeled Export to DXF options. Choose lines.
- Choose a name for your newly created DXF file.
- Import the DXF file into LaserCut. File -> Import