|Notice: Certain tables on this site may not be displayed due to technical difficulties. The issue is currently under investigation.|
Moved to Virtual Graveyard
- Alba Plastics 
- 30029 John R, Madison Heights. Sheet plastic, bent and formed into all sorts of neat stuff. (Display cases, bulk food bins, etc.) Also sells full sheets if you ask. Surprisingly good website for a local place.
- Armstrong Mill Works 
- Located in Highland, MI. Sells domestic and imported hardwood in board feet. Open Saturday Mornings.
- Armstrong Tool and Supply
- Jewelry and craft supply: Brazing, abrasives, specialty pliers, carving tools, burrs and cutters, etc. A trove of goodies for the small-parts worker.
- 31541 8 Mile Road, Livonia, MI (just west of Merriman/Orchard Lake)
- ASAP Source 
- Located in Ann Arbor, a source for metal & plastic stock.
- The Electronic Connection
- Electronic Components like chips, resistors, transistors, etc. and all the tools to assemble them
- 37387 Ford Rd, Westland, MI 48185-2282 (734) 595-6655
- Factory Steel 
- Close to I75 & the Davison. Open on Sunday.
- Frentz & Sons Hardware 
- 1010 North Main Street, Royal Oak (about 10 minutes by car). A real hardware store, with metal stock, bins of everything, and staff who know their stuff.
- Kitt's Industrial Tools
- Candy store of tools and supplies, many of the same items as Harbor Freight but so much more on top of it. Not terribly organized, so just go and browse.
- 27600 West 8 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48336
- Laird Plastics 
- 26403 Groesbeck Highway Warren, MI 48089
- (800) 873-8403
- Matzka Pneumatics & Hydraulics 
- A candy store for moving fluids, from vacuum to 10,000psi. 10 mile & Mound.
- Metal Mart USA 
- Located at 13mile & Dequindre. Sells all kinds of metal stock in small quantities. Even open on Saturdays, very hobbyist friendly.
- Motion Industries 
- Loads of mechanical components, in stock. Several locations around town.
- Motor City Fastener
- 1600 East 10 Mile Road Hazel Park, MI 48030-1208
- (248) 399-2830
- RS Electronics 
- Retail outlet for electronic components, connectors and tools.
- Hours 8-5 M-F
- 34443 Schoolcraft Livonia, MI 48150
- All Electronics Corporation 
- Discount and surplus electronics, parts, accessories
- Known for having strange and odd items in stock
- Digi-Key 
- 95% of the electronic components you need.
- Electronic Goldmine 
- Similar to All Electronics
- Also has cheap grab-bag boxes of parts for stocking the junkbox
- FutureLec 
- Lots of fun parts, alcohol sensors, random bits
- Jameco Electronics 
- Electronics parts, some robotics parts.
- Good source for hard to find "older" electronics parts, esp small EPROMS.
- Marlin P. Jones & Assoc, Inc. 
- Electronics and tool shop. Cheap and decent quality computer and electronics.
- Good soldering equipment.
- Mouser Electronics 
- Another electronics store.
- Small Parts, Inc 
- The hardware store for R&D, not just miniature hardware, but also lots of nylon, teflon, etc.
- Spark Fun Electronics 
- Yet another electronics store.
- Good for male/female adapters and plugs (iphone/ ipod).
Project Ideas and Designs
- Yahoo Groups junkyard_projects 
- Free online plans for lots of tools and project ideas. Requires registration to the yahoo group.