- Metal Mart USA 
- Located at 13mile & Dequindre. Sells all kinds of metal stock in small quantities. Even open on Saturdays.
- Motion Industries 
- Loads of mechanical components, in stock. Several locations around town.
- Armstrong Mill Works 
- Located in Highland, MI. Sells domestic and imported hardwood in board feet. Open Saturday Mornings.
- Aco Hardware 
- Across the street from I3 Royal Oak - good selection of bolts and other fasteners
- ASAP Source 
- Located in Ann Arbor, a source for metal & plastic stock.
- Digi-Key 
- 95% of the electronic components you need.
- Mouser Electronics 
- Another electronics store.
- Spark Fun Electronics 
- Yet another electronics store.
- Good for male/female adapters and plugs (iphone/ ipod).
- Marlin P. Jones & Assoc, Inc. 
- Electronics and tool shop. Cheap and decent quality computer and electronics.
- Good soldering equipment.
- Jameco Electronics 
- Electronics parts, some robotics parts.
- Good source for hard to find "older" electronics parts, esp small EPROMS.
- All Electronics Corporation 
- Discount and surplus electronics, parts, accessories
- Known for having strange and odd items in stock
- Electronic Goldmine 
- Similar to All Electronics
- Also has cheap grab-bag boxes of parts for stocking the junkbox