|Remember to always; clean up and return the equipment to a fully functional, safe state before you leave. This includes returning any safety mechanisms to fully working order.|
Four theater lights are currently installed at i3 Detroit. There are three spotlights and one floodlight. One spotlight has been verified to work, and the other two spotlights are TBD. The floodlight is missing its bulb. Other theater lights are stored in various locations around the space.
- Ownership: Nick Britsky
- Location: The four installed lights are mounted on overhead pipes, above the commons table area.
- What it looks like:
- Make/Model: TBD
- Part Number: TBD
- Please make sure that every theater light clamped to the overhead pipes has a safety chain/cable installed. At this writing, all four installed lights have safety chains.
Turn it On
Ride up on the Genie and plug it in. If it's plugged in, switch on circuit breaker 23b in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. There are plans to make this more convenient, so stay tuned ...
Turn it Off
Ride up on the Genie and unplug it. Alternatively, switch off circuit breaker 23b in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. There are plans to make this more convenient, so stay tuned ...
Authorized Users and Trainers
Things that Need to be Done
- Extension cords to provide power to three spotlights.
- A more convenient way to control (i. e., dim) the spotlights, possibly integrated with the space automation system (or via Twitter, which might be even more entertaining).
- A bulb for the floodlight.
- Deploy additional power capacity to support the use of more than three spotlights. According to Breaker Panels, there appear to be unused circuits available nearby.
- Which circuit breaker powers the theater lights? The power cord that runs from the overhead junction box to the theater light mounting pipe is on circuit breaker 23b in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area.
- How many lights can be powered? Currently, there is one 20A circuit. Each spotlight draws 6.2A at full brightness, so three spotlights should be OK on this 20A circuit. Anecdote has it that the floodlight draws significantly more current than a spotlight, but there is no bulb in the floodlight at present so this cannot be quantified.