|"File:no_photo_yet.jpg|theater lights photo" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki. [[Image:theater lights photo|175px| ]]|
|Storage Location||The four installed lights are mounted on overhead pipes, above the commons table area.|
Four theater lights are currently installed at i3 Detroit. There are three spotlights and one floodlight. All three spotlights have been verified to work. The floodlight is missing its bulb. Other theater lights are stored in various locations around the space.
- Please make sure that every theater light clamped to the overhead pipes has a safety chain/cable installed. At this writing, all four installed lights have safety chains.
Turn it On
Switch on circuit breaker 23b (labeled "Theater Lights") in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. There are plans to make this more convenient, so stay tuned ...
Turn it Off
Switch off circuit breaker 23b (labeled "Theater Lights") in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. There are plans to make this more convenient, so stay tuned ...
- Which circuit breaker powers the theater lights? The power cord that runs from the overhead junction box to the theater light mounting pipe is on circuit breaker 23b in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area.
- How many lights can be powered? Currently, there is one 20A circuit. Each spotlight draws 6.2A at full brightness, so three spotlights should be OK on this 20A circuit. Anecdote has it that the floodlight draws significantly more current than a spotlight, but there is no bulb in the floodlight at present so this cannot be quantified.
- A more convenient way to control (i. e., dim) the spotlights, possibly integrated with the space automation system (or via Twitter, which might be even more entertaining).
- A bulb for the floodlight.
- Deploy additional power capacity to support the use of more than three spotlights. According to Breaker Panels, there appear to be unused circuits available nearby.