|Remember to always; clean up and return the equipment to a fully functional, safe state before you leave. This includes returning any safety mechanisms to fully working order.|
Used for turning wood
- Ownership: Greg Smith
- Location: In the wood shop on a rolling cart.
- What it looks like:
- Make/Model: Jet Mini-Lathe
- Part Number: Stock No.
- Please wear Face shield or safety glasses!
- Set Speed to appropriate diameter
- Turn off before adjusting tool rest
- Unplug the late before you change speeds.
Authorized Users and Trainers
Dave Trull with the Trull Gallery ("The Fine Art of Furniture Making", as he says at the end of every video) has provided several wonderful visual guides to basic lathe technique. Use these as reference - watching these does not count as instruction as far as i3Detroit's wood lathe is concerned. Speak to Ross about using the wood lathe before using it for the first time. It is a slightly different machine than Dave uses in the videos and you need to know what those differences are.