Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20150512
- 1 Agenda for 05-12-2015
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Old Business/Action Item Review
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Floor Plan Report
- 1.6 Officer Reports
- 1.7 Lost & Found Party
- 1.8 Action Items
- 1.9 Proposals
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 05-12-2015
Chair: Charlie Rysenga
A poem in capitals, By Jamie Burdeski.
RED WALL RULES ALL
RED WALL RHYMES.... MALL
RED WALL, SO TALL
RED WALL. RED WALL.
Old Business/Action Item Review
Matt A & Nate B: Communicate classroom expansion details to membership after vetting with the board
Terry: Post proposal to members list
- See New Business
Board: Vote on proposal at next board meeting
- See New Business
Other action items
The Coordinators have updated the definition of the HOW TO BE A WARDEN page on the wiki.
Coordinator Proposal #1
On April 18, the Coordinators posted to the Gen Membership List the wording of a proposal to explicitly define the responsibilities of Coordinators to the Board. No list or private requests for modifications have been made, therefore the Coordinators are placing before the Board that same wording as a Proposal before the Board for a Yes/No vote.
Proposal: What Responsibilities Do Coordinators have to the Board
1) Monthly Report On the 1st Tuesday meeting Coordinators will make every effort to place a short report on the status of their zone in the Agenda and be present when possible to present the status.
2) Yearly Budget Coordinators will be responsible to both create an initial budget for the annual Budget process and be present during the Budget meeting to handle the give and take of making a new budget. In addition the Coordinator will take responsibility to approve all reimbursement requests for items bought against their zone budget.
3) Public Vision Coordinators will insure to present a clear view of where they envision their zone going in the next 12 months to the General Membership.
4) Specific Authorizations from Board If a Coordinator wants to make a difficult to reverse architectural change, like walls, doors, windows, then they need "to present a plan with drawings, cost, adjacent zone warden approval, and city/landlord approval requirements in writing for" prior board approval. Any explicit, approved budget item is considered prior Board approval. Shifting shelves/equipment, painting, lighting, etc is considered NOT to require prior Board approval if the items are covered under an approved budget item. In addition, the disposing/selling of any i3 equipment in a Coordinator's zone valued/sold for more than $500 requires prior Board approval, lesser items do not.
Coordinator Proposal #2
On April 18, the Coordinators posted to the Gen Membership List the wording of a proposal to explicitly define the responsibilities of Board to the Coordinators. No list or private requests for modifications have been made, therefore the Coordinators are placing before the Board that same wording as a Proposal before the Board for a Yes/No vote.
Proposal: What Responsibilities Does the Board have to the Coordinators
1) The Coordinators sometimes have to deal with tool abuse, bad storage, and issues with particular members. We would like to bring problem situations with particular members to the Board for resolution and implementation by the Board(or designees). We ask for a specific named Point of Contact
2) We also would like help from the Board or their designees to police the clutter in our zones. We can discuss in what form this help could be provided.
3) We would also like a review of the camera viewing angles by the wardens for cameras in their zone. A simple hardcopy picture would suffice, and repositioning as required, plus a map showing all the camera locations
Floor Plan Report
Treasury and Budget Report for April, 2015
Financial Grade: A-
- 4/30 $15K in Emergency Fund CU1
- $ 10,260 in CU1 Checking
- $ 5,814 in CharterOne Checking
- $ 300 in CharterOne Savings
- Amazon ASP (oldstyle) subscriptions die on 5/31/15. So transfer in April or May. Duplicated months will be refunded manually, so no worries.
- Problem with new Amazon found, but straightened out.
- Less people over to new Amazon or PayPal than hoped. June will be high maintenance.
- New 12 month discounts available for PayPal or new Amazon
- $605 in Donations/Sales including compressor sale and Yuri Nite Bake Sale.
- Siemens Donation $3,400 is in May report.
Members & Dues
- Dues Collected in April: $3992 March:$6,126 February:$5,088 January: $4,926 (some Stranded in PayPal until May)
|Net Cash Flow||-$3,460.00||-$1,044.83|
Membership coordinator not able to attend tonight's meeting, however here is the report.
- Active Members: 155
- Scholarship: 4
- On leave: 35
- Voting: 127
Jamie will return to secretating July 7th
Lost & Found Party
no action items yet, Charlie.
no proposals yet, Charlie.
- Time completed: 9:13
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 12
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20150414||Board Meeting Minutes 20150609|