Meeting was Called to Order At: 1945
These meeting minutes have been sealed to protect member privacy. The unredacted version can be found in the Leadership Drive, Special Records folder, A2020 Disciplinary folder, 06Aug2020 Special Board meeting minutes.
*WHEREAS A2020 has been credibly accused of sexual assault,
- AND WHEREAS the Board of Directors has received compelling evidence of this individual's alleged actions,
- AND WHEREAS multiple, independent members brought their concerns about this individual's potential presence at i3Detroit to the Board of Directors,
- AND WHEREAS A2020 has received warnings and a suspension for past behavior,
- AND WHEREAS A2020 has declined our invitation to respond to or meet to discuss this accusation,
- AND WHEREAS i3Detroit does not tolerate behavior that promotes violence against or directly attacks or threatens others as described by our Harassment Policy,
- AND WHEREAS actions of this severity, regardless of where they occurred, would negatively affect members' and guests' feelings of safety at i3detroit,
- WE RESOLVE THAT that, effective August 6, 2020, A2020 shall be banned indefinitely from all spaces operated by i3 Detroit until the board of directors votes to overturn this ban.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that, effective August 6, 2020, A2020 shall be banned from all i3 electronic communication channels.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that, effective August 6, 2020, A2020 is unwelcome at and may not participate in any i3 Detroit presence occurring at either public or private events.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that A2020 or their agent may contact the Board of Directors to retrieve any property they own that is still at i3Detroit.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that any property of A2020 that remains at i3Detroit after September 6, 2020 shall be considered donated to i3Detroit.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that the Secretary is directed to add A2020 to the list of banned persons kept near the entrance, and directed to send a notice of this proposal to the i3-announce mailing list.
TODO: See the above motion to ban. Role call vote.Moved by
Mike; Seconded by
6, Mike,Paul,Jan,Mel,Matt,David Ayes / 0 Nays
- Time completed:2208
- Funds appropriated:0
- Chair Jamie
- Secretary Que
- Advocate Alec