- Donation to i3 Detroit is tax deductible!
- Under IRS guidelines, donations fall under two categories: Cash or Property.
- Cash donations are always welcome. The only information we need for a cash donation is the name of the donor, the amount of the donation, and the date of the donation.
- If you’re donating property, meet with the Zone Coordinator of whatever zone the equipment is going to. The Zone Coordinator will evaluate the donation to figure out if it’s something we actually want in the space. If it’s general equipment that doesn't really fall under any zone, talk to the Board of Directors, and they can decide.
- Once it's been decided that we want to accept the donation, email the Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with donor’s name, description of donation, donor's estimated value of the donation, and the date of the donation. If donor wishes to receive receipt via U.S. Mail, provide mailing address. If donor wishes to receive receipt via email, provide email address. If donor wishes to receive a receipt in person at i3 Detroit, no address is needed.
- The Treasurer will then create a donation receipt, sign it, and return it to the donor. An electronic copy of the donation receipt is then recorded in the Donations folder in the ADMIN section of the i3 DataVault maintained by the Treasurer.
- The Treasurer is the only person authorized to sign receipts for donations, so please don't go around writing up your own receipts.
- Alternatively, you can fill out a donation receipt and send it to the treasurer to be signed. The form is: File:Donation Receipt Form.docx
- Maybe write it down at the Sponsors page