Updating your membership record when you're leaving the group is important! Whether you're moving cross-country or just going back to school for a few months,
If you're planning to come back within a few months
- Email the Vice-President of Member Retention and ask to be put on 'hiatus' status. They'll enter this into the CRM, which suspends billing, and keeps your account from getting all horrible and confusing.
- Hiatus leaves you on the email lists and stuff.
- Hiatus status is appropriate for medium-term departures. If you're gonna be gone a year or longer, please just cancel your membership, below:
If you're not planning to come back (soon)
- Email the Vice-President of Member Retention and ask to cancel your membership. As above, being clear about when you've left reduces the fretting about whether you have.
- This will result in more privileges being revoked than going on leave.
- You are always welcome to renew your membership at any point in the future (it'll just be more paperwork)
In all cases
- Go through member storage, make sure you've taken all your stuff home, and write "-VACANT-" where your name was.
- Go through the rest of the space, and if you're taking anything home that people might miss, please notify the mailing list!
- It would be polite to offer the option if people want to buy from you the things we've come to rely on, before they simply vanish.
- Optional: Let the membership coordinator know what made you decide to leave. Don't worry, they can take it!
There's a table on Membership Plans that makes sense of the differences.