|Paypal Button||Pay money to this Zone|
|This page contains historical information. It is provided for reference but does not reflect current information or policy.|
We are a group at i3Detroit focused on developing aerospace vehicles and other mechanisms, including quad-rotor drones, model aircraft, and a couple of satellite projects originally from the DetroitSat SIG.
We also aim to release plans and code for our projects open source on GitHub.
- Fleet of 3 Quad copters making use of:
- Current Activities:
Model Aeronautics, Drone News and other Resource Web Pages
- CAD: We use FreeCAD for our design needs. It's a really cool open source tool for design work. The latest versions also have the ability to do meshing, FEA, CFD analyses, among others!
- 3D Printers
Legacy Projects (DetroitSat)
- Cubesat Reaction wheel test unit with brushless motors
- Cubesat Reaction wheel mockup with brushed motors
- Three-Axis Helmholtz Coil, sized for 1U Cubesat
- 3D Printed Spherical Air Bearing with 1U Cubesat Mount
- Magnetorquer demo Cubesat
Legacy GitHub is at https://github.com/Detroit-Sat
Air bearing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8rJWBEjBfQ
Reaction Wheel on Air Bearing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4M7dnS-iY
We meet informally each week in the E-Lab or the Common Area:
- Wednesdays at 7pm
- Sundays at 12pm
Our Official Meetings are the first Sunday of each month at 12pm!!!