Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20160517
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20160503||Meeting Minutes 20160607|
- 1 Agenda for 05-17-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.4.1 Discussion of Minor Guest Policy
- 1.4.2 Discussion of Asking People to Leave
- 1.4.3 Maker Faire Update
- 1.4.4 Proposals
- 1.4.5 Announcements
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Commons Area
- 1.5.5 Compute Zone
- 1.5.6 Craft Room
- 1.5.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.5.8 Fab Lab
- 1.5.9 Graveyard
- 1.5.10 Infrastructure
- 1.5.11 Injection Molding
- 1.5.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.13 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.14 Laser Zone
- 1.5.15 Machine Shop
- 1.5.16 Media Lab
- 1.5.17 Sky Zone
- 1.5.18 Tool Crib
- 1.5.19 Tree House
- 1.5.20 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.21 Welding Zone
- 1.5.22 Wiki
- 1.5.23 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 05-17-2016
'Chair: Charlie Rysenga' 7:31 pm
- Charlie - i3 President
- Gary - Back for the summer.
- Greg S. - Wood shop coordinator
- Vivian S - VP
New Members & Guests
- Katie (Andrew)
- John R
Show and Tell
Discussion of Minor Guest Policy
- Should the number of guests a member host be lower for minors rather than adults.
- 1 / 4-6 children is standard for school field trips.
- The host needs to be paying attention to their guests.
- 8 to 10 was the typical.
- For machine shop use it is typically required that the adult be trained and visibly observing minors.
- A requirement for having members that sponsor minors need to be a member for 4 months. Typically if someone has been there that long they are vested and have an interest in the space.
- Have multiple sponsors, and have one observe each zone in use.
- There seems to have been a perception that paying dues was all that was required rather than to be responsible. Other groups in the past have not been an issue.
- It is a key point that the sponsoring members been trained and understand the correct use of tools so they can provide proper guidance.
- The rules should have been enforced.
- Create a lessons learned page to indicate what could have been done differently and point to the sections of policy that are relevant.
Discussion of Asking People to Leave
- Any member has the right to ask a member or guest to leave if they are in violation of policy.
Maker Faire Update
- i3 is coordinating internally this year, so don't sign up with the Henry Ford
- Be awesome; sign up your projects early
- Maker Faire 2016 general information
- Get involved: Maker Faire Discussion on Slack
- Project Sign-up Form
- Volunteer Sign-up Form
Request for additional security camera
Matt A. Recent banning of individuals
- Over the past couple of weeks 2 individuals were banned from the space.
- The difference between an ban and a suspension is that banned individuals are not allowed in the space, suspended members are allowed in if sponsored by a member.
- If you are uncomfortable with someones behavior, it is acceptalbe to ask someone to leave the space.
- If there are any issues feel free to call or text Matt A at any time.
- The member that was banned was due to a cumulative effect of instances over the years.
- If you are concerned that you could be banned, you've probably heard from either Matt or the board.
- There will be discussions about requiring less that a unanimous board vote to un-ban and individual.
- i3 was invited to MOPOP.
- Will probably have a 10x20 space.
- Mike F is finishing the tile. Should be done this week.
- Matt A is doing the beige paint. Window and door area should be done soon.
- Terry Is doing the Trim and closing the ceiling. ETA next Monday.
- Greg has done the Craft Room door and is putting in a new handset.
- Evan et al has hung the North wall White Board.
- Terry has ordered the Ceiling Tile (about 2 weeks for delivery)
- Nothing to report.
- Pegasys - down. If the resin isn't full, the machine will happily destroy the print bed.
- May look for a new resin printer for next year.
- ROSTOCK bed needs to be re-leveled.
- Current big project: wiring the craft room for 3-phase for the sewing machine. Conduit has been run from the buss bar to the ceiling of the craft room, remaining is to conduit to a disconnect on the wall and pull wire through it. Please see me if you are willing to help with this.
- Next big project is putting in a contactor to power the TIG welder and connectors on the ends to male it portable. Parts have been purchased and are awaiting installation. Please see me if you are willing to help with this.
- Lasers are still working well and seeing a lot of use.
- Trained 4 more people on the lathe.
- DoAll band saw is finished authorization will be required. Will hold first class/demonstration soon.
- Creating jigs and fixtures would be a great CNC project.
- New dual monitor PC is setup and running. May have issues with video editing when connecting to the VM.
- Some initial plans have been formulated, and indexing has begun. If you are willing to lend a hand please see one of the coordinators. Check out the tool crib slack channel.
- Impromptu Wiki Workshop tomorrow, 5/18 7pm, so Jamie can work on debugging the new install. Basically, Jamie will be in the classroom wiki-ing and drinking wine, and you can come bug her about the wiki, or whatever.
- Belt Sander Demo after the meeting.
Space Project Updates
- Asterisk - team is now working to resolve phone issues.
- Brancing out with using reaction wheels with brush less motors to orientate the satellite.
- Held 3 events over past 2 weeks.
- Fabric design class for Spoonflower.
- Making use of the classroom, getting some projects done, practicing our serging!
- Meetups are 2nd Wednesdays, Project Runway n sew is on Sunday afternoons.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:25 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 21
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Amend Security Cameras#Approved Locations to include a camera over the white "pop" fridge.||Mike F||Evan||20||0||PASS|
|==== Interim Procedures for Cleaning Storage Plot Areas ====
This is a 90 day interim procedure for developing a standard method for cleaning storage plot areas. It is not a change to the standing rules. If this procedure or a variant proves to be useful to have permanently, changes will be made to the Standing Rules as per the normal methods.