Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20160614
- 1 Agenda for 06-14-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Space & Zone Discussions
- 1.6 Officer Reports
- 1.7 Committee Reports
- 1.8 Lost & Found Party
- 1.9 Action Items
- 1.10 Proposals
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 06-14-2016
'Chair: Mike F.' 7:31pm
- Action Item: Matt A. - Send out reminders on guest policy. - Completed
- Action Item: Vivian - add a sign with tour hours on the door. Completed
- Action Item: David H. - Add location of the banned member list on the wiki. Actual location will not be public. List is referenced in the standing rules https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/Standing_rules#Banning, but no known electronic version exists.
- The Task Force on Officer Descriptions submitted their report to the Board. What is status of Descriptions and who defines those descriptions (Board or President)?
- If updates are required, do so by August, prior to nominations.
- Discussions and information are in the [channel on Slack] on May 26th.
Semi Annual Budget Review
- The Budget Review was held on 6/11. Our single issue is the concentration of Big Ticket items in Early 2016. To that end it was agreed to:
- Keep Big Ticket Purchase Freeze on thru 7/1.
- Schedule remaining Big Ticket Purchase items at a pace of no more than $2,000 per month.
- Each additional Big Ticket item added to 2016 budget is done with the removal of an item of approx equal cost.
- We can schedule the Big Ticket items for 2016 by Treasurer Decision. I will talk in detail to the affected ZCs and when the schedule is made, post it to the ZCs and Board.
- Budget Report presented at meeting is at 2016_H1_Budget_Report
- Also if the MF Fundraiser is approved, then it will be budgeted as a $750 Big Ticket item in the month of expenditure and monies returned will be added to the month they are deposited, up to the original expenditure.
Transfer Consumables budget from Battlebots to DetroitSat SIG
- Battlebots SIG has disbanded without use. This is already budgeted. We are in good shape for consumables against income. The Treasurer recommends this measure.
- Board questions about progress of soliciting other donations.
- Recommendation from the board is to seek donations. i3 will match donations up to $500.
- Discuss member driven visioning process that would begin with an online survey. (Leora)
- Send any questions or thoughts to Leora.
- Action Item - Survey will be prepared and then discussed before sending it out.
- A non-visionary survey was done by Konrad a couple years ago.
Space & Zone Discussions
- Pallet rack added to commons area and adds shelves over the cart area.
POC: Evan Several tables have been floating around, even moved out of the 'free to a good home' eviction from the metal shop back into the commons area. I'd like to formally say that any zone can take them, but if they aren't claimed in a week they leave i3. Evan will proceed.
Treasury and Budget Report for May, 2016
- Financial Grade: B
- Emergency: $7.5K Checking : $4K BNektar: 900 Paypal: 500 Total: 12.9K
- Classroom 95% paid. (2015&16)
- 103 Subscriptions 13 annuals.
- Good dues
- Below normal donations.
- Holding Big Ticket Items until 7/1.
- Big Ticket Schedule on 6/21
- Eaton donation in pipeline.
- Should start access audit soon.
- Learn to Solder at MF. Radio Shack is sponsoring and supplying kits!
- Sponsorships/Donations. Working on coordination and keeping a list of those in the past. Follow up for repeat donations.
- Farmer's Market? Will plan to attend and setup after Maker Faire.
Senior Vice President
- Will meet with Ron about giving a talk on acrylics and how his products can be used at i3.
- Still looking to do the Etsy workshop will get on Jessica's calendar when she returns from out of town, want to also work with James on structuring the workshop.
- Currently planning a How to use TinkerCAD workshop for i3 members and a second one for community/visitors and guests. First week of August.
VP of Activities & Classes
- May, Last month of Training Stimulus
- 9 refunds for May.
- Program was successful. There were more new classes in March and more repeating workshops and classes in April and May.
- There will probably be fewer one off classes from now until Maker Faire. Everybody is getting busier.
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Added some more important things (spray paint, storage, more about guest policy) to the orientation process
- 7 new members since last board meeting, 4 more in the process presently.
VP of Membership-Retention
- No activity
- Challenging to determine who's leaving.
- Action Item - Terry to send the current overdue message to Nate, to review.
VP of Membership-Member Advocate
- Quiet month.
- Checking to see where applications are submitted.
Lost & Found Party
|add a sign with tour hours on the door. Completed||Vivian|
|Add location of the banned member list on the wiki. Actual location will not be public. List is referenced in the standing rules https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/Standing_rules#Banning, but no known electronic version exists.||David H.|
|Send out reminders on guest policy. - Completed||Matt A.|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Craft Room Co-Coordinator Proposal
|Up to $500 that was previously allocated to the disbanded Battlebots Sig will be allocated to the i3DetroitSat SIG if matching donations are acquired.||Evan||Leora||7||0|
- Time completed: 8:22 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 13
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20160510||Board Meeting Minutes 20160712|