Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20160809
- 1 Agenda for 08-09-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Space & Zone Discussions
- 1.6 Officer Reports
- 1.6.1 Treasurer & Budget
- 1.6.2 Treasury and Budget Report for July, 2016
- 1.6.3 Secretary
- 1.6.4 President
- 1.6.5 Senior Vice President
- 1.6.6 VP of Activities & Classes
- 1.6.7 VP of Membership-Onboarding
- 1.6.8 VP of Membership-Retention
- 1.6.9 VP of Membership-Member Advocate
- 1.7 Committee Reports
- 1.8 Lost & Found Party
- 1.9 Action Items
- 1.10 Proposals
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 08-09-2016
'Chair: Mike F. 7:32 pm'
- Action Item: Mike / Leora - Work to send out survey to the membership
Spray Paint stains outside
- Still unresolved. Need someone to power wash.
- Evan has one available, looking for someone to do.
Action Item: Mike F - Will power wash or delegate.
- Liability is OK. Property is grossly undervalued at 10K.
- Should increase the amount of property insurance. Would probably take ~ $500 - $1000 additional budget to adjust to a more reasonable level.
- Plan to increase amount at budget time.
Transfer coordination of the media lab workstations to the compute zone
- Terry W will contact the Media Lab coordinator and provide a written recommendation to the board in 14 days.
- Matt A took over responsibility for reporting to Board from Terry W.
- The computer in the space is functional and has seen some use.
- Hackerspace Administration Conference - September 15th in New York. Anyone interested?
- Leora is coordinating. Date may be tentative. If interested, contact Leora.
- What about the hackerspaces.org on Sunday's Does anyone ever attend.
- Maker Wedding Shower - Everything is go. Waiting on deposit.
- Action Item: Jamie - Will put summary and updates on wiki and send out the Maker Faire recap to member list.
- Collecting photo submissions.
- May try to put them on the google photo account. If you need help, check with Matt G.
- Around $900 in donations.
- Need to come up with multiple creative ways to capture donations for events.
- Terry will look into it after vacation.
- How to handle banned individuals at i3 events?
- Action Item: The Board - The board will be sending out a summary of recommendations by Monday.
Ferndale DIY Festival
- It's mainly a sales thing.
- i3 might do something. In downtown Ferndale in September.
Space & Zone Discussions
Treasurer & Budget
Treasury and Budget Report for July, 2016
- Financial Grade: A
- Emergency: $10K Checking : $7.8K BNektar: $0K PayPal: $.2K Total: $18K
- 93 Subscriptions 13 annuals.
- Treasurer has increased Emergency by $2.5k back to 10K.
- Paying Member UPDATE June: Lost 5 Gained 4 Net -1
- Eaton Donation $1000
- MFAP recap in Aug report
- Action Item: David H. - Add location of the banned member list on the wiki. Actual location will not be public. List is referenced in the standing rules https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/Standing_rules#Banning, but no known electronic version exists. Electronic version exists, but needs to be placed on the server and a portion of the page added to the wiki.Google Drive for Secretary.
- Should start access audit after Maker Faire. -- Note to future secretary, it's a bad idea to try and do a permissions audit along with managing elections.
- Action Item: David H. / Terry W. - Will list names of paid members eligible for voting to email list, slack, and in next member meeting minutes.
President did a bunch o' stuff over th last month!
- Maker Faire
- Learn to solder went well.
- Sponsors very happy.
- White House Visit - August 24th
- Invited to the Office of Science and Technology Policy for meeting
- Friendly Makerspaces will be attending.
- Conference call at 8:00
- Looking at possibility of streaming as i3. Have a good member interest.
- Social Media
Senior Vice President
- Everything was awesome!
- I have been putting together the materials obtained from Etsy for Jessica, will talk with her and hand-off workshop materials. Will also coordinate a time to meet with her, James and myself, Goal is to have workshop 1st week of September.
VP of Activities & Classes
- Two Welding classes held recently
- The classes went well. Students happy.
- Maker Faire is over for now. Who wants to spread their knowledge?
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Discussed with Charlie about on-boarding process.
- Behind schedule, but
VP of Membership-Retention
VP of Membership-Member Advocate
- Will address a complaint and request for help. There will be an update at the next board meeting. No concern for safety.
- Recommendation would be to change the scholarship committee.
- Seeking volunteers.
- Would like to follow the standard membership process other than
Action Item: Jamie and Charlie and Nate, and Vivien - Send out an email seeking a new committee
Lost & Found Party
- Set a good example by cleaning and asking others to help out.
|Will put summary and updates on wiki and send out the Maker Faire recap to member list.||Jamie|
|Add location of the banned member list on the wiki. Actual location will not be public. List is referenced in the standing rules https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/Standing_rules#Banning, but no known electronic version exists. Electronic version exists, but needs to be placed on the server and a portion of the page added to the wiki.||David H.|
|The board will be sending out a summary of recommendations by Monday.||The Board|
|Will power wash or delegate.||Mike F|
|Work to send out survey to the membership||Mike / Leora|
|Send out an email seeking a new committee||Jamie and Charlie and Nate, and Vivien|
|Will list names of paid members eligible for voting to email list, slack, and in next member meeting minutes.||David H. / Terry W.|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Adjust the emergency fund back to $15K at the discretion of the Treasurer||Jamie||Leora||6||0||PASS|
- Time completed: 9:36 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 13
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20160712||Board Meeting Minutes 20160913|