Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20160913

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 09-13-2016

Chair: Mike Fink 7:41


  • Everyone introduces Corey


Old Business

  • Action Item: Charlie - Update property value insurance at budget time.

i3Detroit 2020

  • Action Item: Mike / Leora - Work to send out survey to the membership
  • Into email was sent, survey to follow.
  • Survey will be used as input for discussion.
Action Item: Board - Review survey results by or at next board meeting

Spray Paint stains outside

  • Still unresolved. Need someone to power wash.
  • Evan has one available, looking for someone to do.
Action Item: Terry - Will power wash or delegate.

Maker Faire

  • Action Item: Jamie - Will put summary and updates on wiki.

New Business

Budget request: Smartwaiver Station

  • $500 for the first year, $180 for subsequent years.
  • 250 iPad (used)
  • 50 stand
  • Remainder, SAS service to process and store.
Action Item: Board - Confirm Zone Coordinators at next board meeting

Space & Zone Discussions

Floor Plan

Member Storage

  • 3 month clean-out period was completed. Multiple plots have cycled through the process.
  • Minimal complaints.
  • Having a delegate move things seems to work out fine.
  • Only one thing was tossed as one person did not read the email in CRM nor was on announce. The issues were fixed and the items were recovered.
  • Another 3 months would work for the wood shop center plots.
  • Could then start off next year with a new cycle.
  • Automated CRM integrated system for plot management is being developed and is in testing now.
  • Many more plots are now available.
  • Would like to use the pallet rack by classroom as temporary storage for future clean-outs.
  • Plan to skip July and December months as they are typically very busy times.
  • There will be a membership vote on implementing these changes at the member meeting next week.

Commons area

Officer Reports

Treasury and Budget Report for Sept, 2016

  • Financial Grade: A-
  • Emergency: $10K Checking : $4.6K BNektar: $1.4K PayPal: $.6K Total: $16.6K
  • Budget Report at Oct Board.


  • Elections are over, or not.
  • Would like to update and further define specific voting requirements and process and vote on changes to these and add to standing rules at next meeting.


  • Glass Etching Class - Fun was had by all. About $500 in, 300 expenses some materials are sill left. Plan to do a future event as well.
  • NOM [Nation of Makers] - Discussion of common maker space issues.
    • High volume of emails sent as the group is quite active.
    • Roger Jamie & Leora will monitor and participate. Will try to provide a monthly summary.
    • Terry will check with Roger and see what other systems have compatible features with the current CRM.
      • Most issues with CRM were from a one time payment processing issue. Took about 50 hours to clean up from the Amazon issue.
      • 30 minutes / month for orphaned payments is about typical and has been going down with recent CRM updates and fixes.
  • Twitch
    • Streaming interactive service.
    • Possible to stream classes.
    • A revenue model exists.
    • Twitch is looking to expand on the creative side.
  • Grants
    • Charlie had lunch with Grant.
    • Awesome foundation is a good starting resource.
    • Ferndale community foundation is another source.
    • A number work on a yearly cycle.
    • Leaora will assist.
  • B.Nektar
    • Would like to pursue further expansion of i3.

Allow president to pursue and report on expansion plans.

Moved by Evan, Seconded by Matt H
6 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS
  • Mauve lipstick on a pig is a good plan.

Senior Vice President

  • Had a meeting with Denise Sylvester, J.D. Regional Outreach Officer of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. We discussed having a presentation at i3Detroit on the Patent and Trademark process. The remaining to-do's are to obtain a good time and date to give them if this is something you think the membership and guests would be interested in.
  • II. I have plan to give a Using Autodesk TinkerCAD workshop for those who have little to no skills using CAD of any kind. This is a very intro workshop. The workshop will also show workshop attendees how to use the Rostock Max V2 to 3D print their TinkerCAD masterpiece. It will be on October 13th from 6 pm - 8 pm and can accommodate 10 - 15 participants.
  • Techshop is reducing hours. Is this a good opportunity for i3?

VP of Activities & Classes

  • Intro to Python class on Saturday. Wrote code to solve a maze. Targeted to non-programmers.
  • September 25th - Bruce - Project announcement.

VP of Membership-Onboarding

  • Processing is slow but ongoing.

VP of Membership-Retention

VP of Membership-Member Advocate

  • Update on a complaint and request for help.

Committee Reports

Moderation Committee

Scholarship Committee

Lost & Found Party

Action Items

Action ItemPOC
Will put summary and updates on wiki.Jamie
Update property value insurance at budget time.Charlie
Confirm Zone Coordinators at next board meetingBoard
Work to send out survey to the membershipMike / Leora
Will power wash or delegate.Terry
Review survey results by or at next board meetingBoard


ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Allow president to pursue and report on expansion plans.EvanMatt H60PASS

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 8:56 pm
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 13


  1. Evan Allen
  2. Nathaniel Bezanson
  3. Jamie Burdeski
  4. Leora Druckman
  5. Michael Fink
  6. Matthew Gardeski
  7. Matt Huber
  8. David Henry
  9. James O'Dell
  10. Charlie Rysenga
  11. Vivian Sanders
  12. Terry Wynn
  13. Cory Tebo

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20160809 Board Meeting Minutes 20160927