Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20160913
- 1 Agenda for 09-13-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Space & Zone Discussions
- 1.6 Officer Reports
- 1.7 Committee Reports
- 1.8 Lost & Found Party
- 1.9 Action Items
- 1.10 Proposals
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 09-13-2016
Chair: Mike Fink 7:41
- Everyone introduces Corey
- Action Item: Charlie - Update property value insurance at budget time.
- Action Item: Mike / Leora - Work to send out survey to the membership
- Into email was sent, survey to follow.
- Survey will be used as input for discussion.
Action Item: Board - Review survey results by or at next board meeting
Spray Paint stains outside
- Still unresolved. Need someone to power wash.
- Evan has one available, looking for someone to do.
Action Item: Terry - Will power wash or delegate.
- Action Item: Jamie - Will put summary and updates on wiki.
Budget request: Smartwaiver Station
- $500 for the first year, $180 for subsequent years.
- 250 iPad (used)
- 50 stand
- Remainder, SAS service to process and store.
Action Item: Board - Confirm Zone Coordinators at next board meeting
Space & Zone Discussions
- 3 month clean-out period was completed. Multiple plots have cycled through the process.
- Minimal complaints.
- Having a delegate move things seems to work out fine.
- Only one thing was tossed as one person did not read the email in CRM nor was on announce. The issues were fixed and the items were recovered.
- Another 3 months would work for the wood shop center plots.
- Could then start off next year with a new cycle.
- Automated CRM integrated system for plot management is being developed and is in testing now.
- Many more plots are now available.
- Would like to use the pallet rack by classroom as temporary storage for future clean-outs.
- Plan to skip July and December months as they are typically very busy times.
- There will be a membership vote on implementing these changes at the member meeting next week.
Treasury and Budget Report for Sept, 2016
- Financial Grade: A-
- Emergency: $10K Checking : $4.6K BNektar: $1.4K PayPal: $.6K Total: $16.6K
- Budget Report at Oct Board.
- Elections are over, or not.
- Would like to update and further define specific voting requirements and process and vote on changes to these and add to standing rules at next meeting.
- Glass Etching Class - Fun was had by all. About $500 in, 300 expenses some materials are sill left. Plan to do a future event as well.
- NOM [Nation of Makers] - Discussion of common maker space issues.
- High volume of emails sent as the group is quite active.
- Roger Jamie & Leora will monitor and participate. Will try to provide a monthly summary.
- Terry will check with Roger and see what other systems have compatible features with the current CRM.
- Most issues with CRM were from a one time payment processing issue. Took about 50 hours to clean up from the Amazon issue.
- 30 minutes / month for orphaned payments is about typical and has been going down with recent CRM updates and fixes.
- Streaming interactive service.
- Possible to stream classes.
- A revenue model exists.
- Twitch is looking to expand on the creative side.
- Charlie had lunch with Grant.
- Awesome foundation is a good starting resource.
- Ferndale community foundation is another source.
- A number work on a yearly cycle.
- Leaora will assist.
- Would like to pursue further expansion of i3.
- Mauve lipstick on a pig is a good plan.
Senior Vice President
- Had a meeting with Denise Sylvester, J.D. Regional Outreach Officer of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. We discussed having a presentation at i3Detroit on the Patent and Trademark process. The remaining to-do's are to obtain a good time and date to give them if this is something you think the membership and guests would be interested in.
- II. I have plan to give a Using Autodesk TinkerCAD workshop for those who have little to no skills using CAD of any kind. This is a very intro workshop. The workshop will also show workshop attendees how to use the Rostock Max V2 to 3D print their TinkerCAD masterpiece. It will be on October 13th from 6 pm - 8 pm and can accommodate 10 - 15 participants.
- Techshop is reducing hours. Is this a good opportunity for i3?
VP of Activities & Classes
- Intro to Python class on Saturday. Wrote code to solve a maze. Targeted to non-programmers.
- September 25th - Bruce - Project announcement.
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Processing is slow but ongoing.
VP of Membership-Retention
VP of Membership-Member Advocate
- Update on a complaint and request for help.
Lost & Found Party
|Will put summary and updates on wiki.||Jamie|
|Update property value insurance at budget time.||Charlie|
|Confirm Zone Coordinators at next board meeting||Board|
|Work to send out survey to the membership||Mike / Leora|
|Will power wash or delegate.||Terry|
|Review survey results by or at next board meeting||Board|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Allow president to pursue and report on expansion plans.||Evan||Matt H||6||0||PASS|
- Time completed: 8:56 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 13
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20160809||Board Meeting Minutes 20160927|