Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20160927
- 1 Agenda for 09-27-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 New Business
- 1.3 Vision Survey
- 1.4 Zone Coordinators
- 1.5 New Board Member Transition
- 1.6 Lost & Found Party
- 1.7 Action Items
- 1.8 Proposals
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 09-27-2016
'Chair: Mike / Jamie' 7:35pm
- Corey says hi!
- What does the chair do?
- Typically calls the meeting to order.
- Usually only votes if needed to break a tie.
- Jamie nominates herself.
- Charlie is working on building relationships with Ferndale and Hazel Park.
- Looking into grants.
- Working on social media expansion
- Investigating space expansion opportunities.
- Working to update insurance and will have a proposal at budget time.
- Friday Night tours.
- Possibilities of delegating some responsibilities.
- Good to have additional perspectives.
- Power and responsibilities are too centralized.
Insure the position duties for officers are updated on the wiki in the How to pages.
Senior Vice President
- Vivian accepts the responsibilities.
- Alec's wife does all of the accounting at work. Could bring her in and review, document and streamline processes.
- Is there too much work for the Treasurer?
VP of Activities & Classes
- Nick has teaching experience.
- Would like to be involved in the classes.
- Plans to work with James on transition.
- James didn't accept as board meetings tend to be long and boring.
- Did a great job last year <applause>
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Nate has no new comments.
- Matt C - Has been doing tours and thinks that should be part of the on-boarding process.
- Matt H - Thinks Matt C sounds way more excited.
- Nate - If there were two, with the current process it's probably more easy to parallel process. It's worth considering.
- Nate - Didn't accept as he's somewhat burned out. There is no way to back out of the membership process. Awkward to bring someone in when intuition indicates that bringing them in isn't a good idea. Thinks being absolutely open to everyone does occasionally cause issues, and is frustrating with the current bylaws.
- Current delegated responsibilities are generating keys, deactivating keys, and entering information into the CRM.
- Nate would love to hand this off and make the process go smoothly.
- Matt C would be fine working either alone or with a co position.
- Matt H thinks a single point of contact works better, but is willing to assist.
- Discussion should we create an assistant VP position?
- May not be a good idea without clearly defining the roles.
VP of Membership-Retention
- Dana is very busy, works nights, and is no longer a member.
Check to see if Dana is still interested and available.
- Position challenges
- How does the information that is either in the CRM / Treasurer.
- Treasurer has two main responsibilities, dues and finance.
- Does it make sense to move dues follow up to the off-boarding.
- Should the board assume responsibility to better determine position requirements.
Follow up with Terry on thoughts about how to best implement the VP of membership off-boarding.
VP of Membership-Member Advocate
- Alec - Help to resolve issues with member to member interactions.
- Matt A - Would like to continue in this role.
- Wiki page with the responsibilities is accurate.
- About 37 replies from part 1
- Will schedule future meeting to discuss vision.
- Would like to see all zones with coordinators.
- Will send out a list of board run positions seeking volunteers.
New Board Member Transition
- David - Is comfortable as having been secretary for the last year.
- Jan would like to work with President and VP on grants.
Lost & Found Party
|Check to see if Dana is still interested and available.||Matt A|
|Insure the position duties for officers are updated on the wiki in the How to pages.||Mike|
|Will send out a when is good and then schedule a follow up meeting.||Jamie|
|Define the Commons area zone and then send out to member list.||Mike|
|Follow up with Terry on thoughts about how to best implement the VP of membership off-boarding.||Evan|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Appoint Vivian Sanders as Senior Vice President||Evan||Mike||6||0||PASS|
|Appoint Nickolas Andersen as the VP of Activities & Classes||Evan||Jan||6||0||PASS|
|Appoint Terry Wynn as Treasurer||Evan||Jan||6||0||PASS|
|Appoint Jamie as Chairperson of the Board||Jamie||Evan||7||0||PASS|
|Appoint Mike Fink as Secretary||Mike||Evan||7||0||PASS|
|Appoint Charlie Rysenga as President||Mike||Leora||6||0||PASS|
|Appoint Matt Carpenter as the VP of Membership-Onboarding||Evan||Mike||6||0||PASS|
|Appoint Alec Beardsley and Matt Arnold as the VP of Membership-Member Advocates||Mike||Leora||6||0||PASS|
- Time completed: 9:06 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20160913||Board Meeting Minutes 20161011|