Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20170620

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

NOTE: This meeting was originally scheduled for June 13, 2017. It has been postponed until June 20, 2017

Agenda for 06-20-2017

'Chair: Charlie 8:04 pm'

Officer Reports

Treasury and Budget Report for May 2017

  • Financial Grade: A
  • Emergency: $16K Checking : $3.7K BNektar: $4.4K PayPal: $.2K Total: $24.3K
  • # Members Debt >$50: 17
  • If we are going ahead with expansion we need to take measures to increase membership to 200. June 1 membership was 138.
    • Action Item: Terry - Clarify if this is the minimum or what is needed to have current spending with expansion.
  • Emergency moved UP to 16K
  • Bnektar had a check to us go missing. They are replacing it. When BNektar check goes into the bank, I am going to up Emergency to about $18K depending on cash flow at the time. I would like to get it to about $20K before expansion.
  • Terminated for Dues 8 members this month.


  • n/a


  • Working on contract for expansion. Low priority for John. Should be looking into insurance quotes. Action item.
  • Have tickets for the independence day celebration.
  • Member work thing not happening as i3 has no paid staff. He may still be joining as a member.

Senior Vice President

  • Will share more thoughts on fundraising activities next month.

VP of Activities & Classes

  • Still need someone to fill the position. James will assist if needed.

VP of Membership-Onboarding


  • Since posting the new scholarship procedure we have gotten two applications! Yay!
  • I have sent an email to the board members with a condensed version of the information collected through the application
  • I guess just use that thread to discuss and decide to approve or not? I'm still not sure the best way to execute this..

Membership Process Metrics - Where and how many?

6/20 5/9 4/11
Pre-Phase 1 4 1 1
Phase 1 0 0 0
Phase 2 11 10 9
Post-Phase 2 0 0 1
Member 21 17 16

Desire to Expand Membership Numbers

  • Terry suggested that we should target 200 members to offset the added costs on the horizon
  • How much of a membership bump do we usually see around/post Maker Faire?
  • How can we leverage Maker Faire to attract more members?
  • Engagement vs. Marketing

VP of Membership-Retention

  • 3 of the recent members have left some information with Terry.

VP of Membership-Member Advocate

  • 2 disagreements were mediated, one by each advocate.

Old Business

Action Item Review

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

New Business

Allocate $1000 to go for the Maker Faire party budget.
Moved by Alec , Seconded by Tony
4 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS
Move the Juki DDL-5550N-7 Industrial Machine into MESA
Moved by Alec , Seconded by Tony
2 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Space & Zone Discussions

Floor Plan

Member Storage

Committee Reports

Moderation Committee

Lost & Found Party

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 8:42 pm
  • Funds appropriated: $1000
  • Attendees: 14

Action Item Summary

Action ItemPOC
Clarify if this is the minimum or what is needed to have current spending with expansion.Terry

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Allocate $1000 to go for the Maker Faire party budget.AlecTony40PASS
Move the Juki DDL-5550N-7 Industrial Machine into MESAAlecTony20PASS


  1. Charlie Rysenga
  2. David Henry
  3. Jan Henry
  4. Alec Beardsly
  5. James O'Dell
  6. Matt Carpenter
  7. Matt Arnold
  8. Dana Nelson
  9. Joseph Bauman
  10. Emily Renolds
  11. Vivian Sanders
  12. Tony Slover
  13. Brandon Biller
  14. Mike Williams

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20170509 Board Meeting Minutes 20170711