Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20180313

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 03-13-2018

Chair: Alec

Officer Reports

Treasury and Budget Report for Feb 2018

  • Financial Grade: A-
    • Emergency: $29.5K
    • Build Out Fund: $1.5K
    • Checking : $2.2K
    • BNektar: $1.2K
    • Paypal: $.2K
    • Total: $34.6K
  • Heavy Expense Month: 2 Laser Tubes and a double DTE bill (early Feb and Late Feb)
  • Number of unique paying members in Feb 105
  • Number of yearly dues members 14
  • Pass the Hat for TV total: $298
  • We exited Feb with only 5 people overdue >$100 and 12 at $100-$49.01
  • We still are doing Annual Dues for the price of 11 months ($539)
  • A list of how to take over Treasurer responsibilities has been given to the new Asst Treasurer - Evan Allen
    • Evan was preiously the i3 treasurer so he has some experience with this.
  • Each Months Running Balance for Zone Funds are at

https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/Zone_Funds

Secretary

  • Nothing to report.

President

  • Vivian is working with the open house group on a press release
  • She's also had good results getting people to tidy up their storage plots. If you still haven't cleaned your plot
  • Still trying to get in touch with our elusive landlord

Senior Vice President

  • Nothing to report.

VP of Activities & Classes

  • Jen is not dead and apologizes for being absent
  • Is geting back involved and regularly participating with i3 now that some real life things are easing up.

VP of Membership-Onboarding

+2 Members since last meeting

3/13 2/13
Pre-Phase 1 1 1
Phase 1 1 1
Phase 2 22 21
Post-Phase 2 0 0
Member 58 56
  • VP of Membership has a Polaroid-like camera now so we can quickly put pictures of new members up on the bulletin board!
  • Investigating how to handle members returning from hiatus/handling of people who started application long ago and ran out of steam
    • Alec: if it's been more than a year, it's his opinion that if it's been over a year, they should go through the whole new member procedure since things change
    • David agrees.

VP of Membership-Retention

VP of Membership-Member Advocate

Nothing to report.

Old Business

Action Item Review

  • Action Item: Alec - Discuss on the mailing list about VP Member Retention
    • Done as of today
  • Action Item: Jody - Initiate discussion about separating 'Activities' off of VP Classes & Activities
    • Done as of today
  • Action Item: Joseph - Provide accounting of vending machine stuff
    • Joseph is out of town, follow up next month
Action Item: Joseph - Provide accounting of vending machine stuff
  • Action Item: Joseph - Initiate mailing list discussion on guest policy
    • Joseph is out of town, follow up next month
Action Item: Joseph - Initiate mailing list discussion on guest policy

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Discussion of how to procede with the VP of member retention position and whether to absorb it into treasurer and onboarding
  • Discussion of updated harassment policy
  • Discussion of officer minimum communication requirements
  • Discussion of changing VP of Activities & Classes to VP of Scheduling
  • Possiblity of getting Rocket Fiber internet at i3

New Business

Bike Zone Coordinator

I (Mike W) nominate Benjamin Seiber as the new coordinator of the Bike Shop. Life has pulled me away from I3 for the past while and that doesn't look like it's changing any time soon.

  • He was here earlier today and confirmed interest.
Proposal:
Appoint Ben Seiber as Bike Zone coordinator
Moved by Tony; Seconded by Jody
6 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Space & Zone Discussions

Expansion

Vivian: (not to suggest it's a bad idea, but) What's our rationale for wanting to add the other half of the building.

  • Several: Having more workspace since it's easy to fill up a lot of our space
  • Jeff: has seen other spaces where spaces is rented out to members
  • Vivian: is just concerned about overall cleanliness and upkeep. There's a lot of cleaning here that should get done but doesn't. When we expand the space, there will be even more area to clean.
  • Alec: There will be less need to clean if we can separate dirty and clean zones
  • Vivian: is more talking about cases like when the bathroom trashcan or shop trashcans overflowing that many people walk past throughout the day.
  • Alec: as a membership we need to hold each other accountable, but it's really hard to police adults
  • David: and different people have different standards
  • Jan: thinks its important not to penalize people for reminding each other when we leave messes.
  • Tony: likes what Thad's done with sending a photo to the mailing list when there's a big mess left
  • Jody: thinks it would be easier to police messes by separating clean and dirty areas by making it harder to justify messes in the "clean" area
  • David: one of the biggest reasons in his mind for expansion is to give us the opportunity to add new zones, pending buildout and approval, such as an automotive zone
  • Matt H: Also we'll be better able to give zones that need more space
  • Vivian: Just to close, she's not concerned about the move, she just wants to make sure that we're able to take care of both sides, since we struggle with what we have now.
Action Item: Vivian - Start a discussion thread for expansion/space cleanliness

Floor Plan

Member Storage

Committee Reports

Moderation Committee

Lost & Found Party

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 8:12
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 12

Action Item Summary

Action ItemPOC
Provide accounting of vending machine stuffJoseph
Start a discussion thread for expansion/space cleanlinessVivian
Initiate mailing list discussion on guest policyJoseph

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Appoint Ben Seiber as Bike Zone coordinatorTonyJody60PASS

Attendance

  1. Alec B
  2. Mike F
  3. David H
  4. Jan H
  5. Matt H
  6. Jeff P
  7. Matt C
  8. James O
  9. Terry W
  10. Tony S
  11. Vivian S


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20180213 Board Meeting Minutes 20180410