Minutes: Board Meeting Minutes 20190326
1 Tentative Agenda for 2019-03-26
1.1 New Business
- 1.1.1 Voting on zones
- 1.1.2 Automotive
- 1.1.3 Chemistry
- 1.1.4 Clean commons/multimedia
- 1.1.5 Conference Room
- 1.1.6 Foundry
- 1.1.7 Kitchen
- 1.1.8 Glassblowing
- 1.1.9 Letterpress
- 1.1.10 No Phone Lounge
- 1.1.11 Electron Microscopy
- 1.1.12 Paint booth/Finishing/Powder-coating
- 1.1.13 Sewing
- 1.1.14 Papercraft
- 1.1.15 Overall Results
- 1.1.16 Meta-floor-planning Committee Dissolution
- 1.1.17 Floor planning Committee Creation
- 1.2 Action Item Summary
- 1.3 Proposal Summary
- 1.4 Attendance
- 1.1 New Business
Tentative Agenda for 2019-03-26
Chair: John Coggeshall Meeting started 7:34
Voting on zones
New zones will be voted on, and guidance will be made up for how current zones expand.
- Jody: main problem is still legality/CoO issues
- CoO update? In progress.
- Originally was tabled (4-3), but discussion got re-opened at the end of the zone discussions
- Need for safe space to deal with chemicals that we already use
- Matt - zone not responsible for disposal of any chemicals
- David - obviously concerns about misuse by other members
- Paul - it's going to be BYO chemicals
- Mark: isn't that current commons?
- David or someone: It's splitting current commons into clean/multimedia and "everything else"
- Some need for confidential area of some kind that isn't a hallway, but more information is needed
- No-one wants to be the ZC, although many people would be happy if it existed
- If no one steps up it could theoretically be combined with welding, but it'll just be an anvil at the end of the welding bench
- CoO concerns with the city, Jody willing to nail down those concerns
Paul is volunteering to be sole ZC
Jamie still needs to work with glassblowing experts to determine exact needs as it expands, but will do everything in a safe and non-flammable manner
Willing to be in/merged with the craft room
No Phone Lounge
No answers to questions
- Really just setting aside space for when it exists in a year or so, since it's still in a barn.
- Could it be merged with E-lab? Probably not.
- Requirements for fire regulations have been looked up and a non-huge paint booth would be workable.
- Discussion of how to keep track of paint volume - trust but verify!
- John Osborne, new/future member, brought in a paper-cutting machine, which is temporarily living in commons.
- If we want it, it needs a home, but there isn't a zone willing to adopt it that also has the room for it.
- Jeff is willing to be zone coordinator.
- Automotive: 7-0 Approved
- Chemistry: 7-0 Approved
- Clean commons/multimedia: 7-0 Approved
- Conference Room: 7-0 Tabled
- Foundry: 7-0 Rejected
- Kitchen: 6-0 Approved, (1 Abstained)
- Glassblowing: 5-2 Approved (2 voted to table, not reject)
- Letterpress: 7-0 Rejected
- No Phone Lonuge: 7-0 Rejected
- Electron Microscopy: 7-0 Rejected
- Paint booth/finishing/Powder-coating: 7-0 Approved
- Sewing: 5-0 Approved (2 abstained)
End suspension of normal rules
Meta-floor-planning Committee Dissolution
Floor planning Committee Creation
The intention is for the committee to represent the board and gather feedback from all members, make sure to be accessible, through slack #floor-planning or other means.
Everyone is encouraged to give their floor plan ideas to the committee, but if anyone *really* wants to make their own complete floor plan, other plans will be reviewed as long as they are complete plans and meet the floor plan deliverable criteria as described in the floor plan deliverables document.
Meeting adjourned at 9:21
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Allocate space on south end of large project storage indefinitely.||Paul||No one||X||X||FAIL|
|All current zones will continue to exist in the expanded floor plan||Mark||Paul||7||0||PASS|
|Dissolve the meta-floor-planning committee.||Mark||Mike||7||0||PASS|
|Form a floor planning committee to make a floor-plan.
This committee will talk to all ZCs and get feedback from any interested members. They will propose a floor-plan according to the floor plan deliverable criteria, which is described in the floor plan deliverables document (linked below).
Mike Fink will be the chair of the committee.
The following people will be on the committee:
|Suspension of normal rules and allow chair to bring up each zone listed in zone requirements||Matt||Jan||7||0||PASS|
|Amend the floor-planning committee proposal to let the chair add or remove members of the committee.||Jody||Matt||0||6||FAIL|
|Amend the floor-planning committee to add Mark Furland to the committee||Mark||Jody||7||0||PASS|
|Amend the floor-planning committee proposal to Appoint Mike Fink as chair.||Paul||Jody||6||0||PASS|
- John C
- Mark F
- Jan H
- David H
- Mike F
- Jamie B
- Jody R
- Matt C
- Paul L