Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20190709
- 1 Agenda for 07-09-2019
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.2.1 Treasurer & Budget
- 1.2.2 Secretary
- 1.2.3 President
- 1.2.4 Senior Vice President
- 1.2.5 VP of Activities & Classes
- 1.2.6 VP of Membership-Onboarding
- 1.2.7 VP of Membership-Member Advocate
- 1.2.8 Committee Reports
- 1.2.9 Camera Review Review
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 07-09-2019
Chair: John Coggeshall
i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220
Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX
Treasurer & Budget
Senior Vice President
VP of Activities & Classes
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Member Changes (since last meeting)
- Became members: 7
- Started onboarding: 4
- Left (hiatus etc.): 0
- Returned: 1
- Members on scholarship: 16
- Avg value: $45.88
- Expirations/New Starts this month: 3/3
- Three scholarships aren't active because I'm waiting for the scholars to complete the membership process - should people not be allowed to apply until they have their key?
- Will be changing the memberification appointments to occur once, maybe twice a month on set evenings in an attempt to consolidate
- Revamped scholarship tracking to handle partial scholarships and streamlined some stuff - trying to decide if making the status page visible to board/membership would be useful (no names, just indication of available slots, etc.)
VP of Membership-Member Advocate
- On track to request re-inspection by the end of the week.
- Physical work is shifting to cleaning (power washing) and soon painting.
- Other next step is to work with zone coordinators to plan out moving zones.
Safety & Compliance Committee
- Google Groups made some changes to groups management features, but we seem unhurt by these changes
- Uptick in spam to contact@, more than usual getting through the filter
- In terms of i3 members actually needing help, things have been pretty quiet
Grants and Fundraising
- Applying for three grants - one with Network for Good (the people who keep doing the Facebook fundraisers), one with Ford, and one with a national ceramics organization
- Patroncity campaign delayed by approximately one week because of additional approvals we have to get from MEDC. Exact dates will be given as soon as I have them. Can show the site as is now.
- Have a tentative policy toward corporate sponsorships.
Camera Review Review
- Review of CNC Zone from June 7-16 requested by the Zone Coordinators
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Proposal to spend money on new t-shirts
Change to Jewelry Zone Coordinators
- Lew has elected to step down as a coordinator of the jewelry zone
- Ann Marie has volunteered to fill his place serving as co-coordinator with Tanya
Expansion Fund Allocation
- The Expansion Committee is requesting an allocation of up to $400 for cleaning and painting supplies. Approximately $200 will go toward a paint sprayer such as this which, after build-out, will reside in the eventual paint and finishing zone.
Exploration of the Creation of a Code of Conduct
- (Jody moves)
- There are several references in the rules and in the wiki of members adhering to a code of conduct, but as far as I can tell, we don't actually have one.
- Motion to solicit the membership for verbiage, to be collated by volunteers (or the board) and presented at an upcoming member meeting for addition to the Standing Rules.
Cintas Fire safety quote
- Jody moves that we accept the quote from Cintas for in situ fire extinguisher inspections.
- Sean Work to take point on coordinating
- Treasurer authorized to pay for it from general funds, up to a set amount of [$??]
- Others have said they had cheaper quotes, but Jody had a hard time getting through to or getting numbers from other companies. Data would be appreciated, if other board members want to wait.
- A few extinguishers are in need of renewal at the end of July, so we need to pass either this motion, or else a separate motion authorizing Sean to get them taken care of.
- current: quote to have SALY, $825/yr (pd mnthly)
- coverage: 10k space owned prop, 10k member owned prop
- asked for quote to increase:
- to 100k ea, incrs to 1282/yr
- to 200k ea, incrs to 1692/yr
- As of end 2017, acq cost 133.5k (dep val ~65k)
- Treasurer recommends "Officers and Directors coverage", waiting on quote and levels
- Time completed:
- Funds appropriated:
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Allocate $1,500 for replenishing the t-shirt supply including new designs (long sleeve, women's V-neck) and more variety in colors. These funds will allow us to purchase 40 women's shirts, 30 men's and at least 24 long sleeve style. These are the minimum quantities required to break-even on sales at member prices ($15/t-shirt, $20/long sleeve).||Matt C||Jody||7||0||PASS|
|Allocate $400 to the Expansion Committee for cleaning and painting supplies||Mike||??||X||Y||Pre-Vote|
|Add Ann Marie and remove Lou as coordinators of the jewelry zone||Matt||??||X||Y||Pre-Vote|
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20190611||Board Meeting Minutes 20190813|