Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20190813
- 1 Agenda for 08-13-2019
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.2.1 Treasurer & Budget
- 1.2.2 Secretary
- 1.2.3 President
- 1.2.4 Senior Vice President
- 1.2.5 VP of Activities & Classes
- 1.2.6 VP of Membership-Onboarding
- 1.2.7 Member Advocate
- 1.2.8 Committee Reports
- 1.2.9 Camera Review Review
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 08-13-2019
Chair: John Coggeshall
i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220
Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX
Treasurer & Budget
Senior Vice President
VP of Activities & Classes
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Per fire inspection, we need 2 sheets of drywall on A-side of the fire barrier opposite the drywall on B-side.
- Placeholder for other things in the report
- Need additional supplies to fix these and for general maintenance:
|Lever nuts 2-wire (100ct)||$25.00||1||$25.00|
|Lever nuts 3-wire (100ct)||$35.00||1||$35.00|
|Lever nuts 5-wire (50ct)||$30.00||1||$30.00|
|Fire block caulk||$6.00||12||$72.00|
|#6 2-in fine thread drywall screws 5lb||$20.00||1||$20.00|
|Floor scrubber pads 5ct||$40.00||2||$80.00|
Safety & Compliance Committee
Camera Review Review
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
Proposal to purchase two new fire extinguishers
PoC: Sean Work
- Based on a recommendation from the fire extinguisher inspector from Cintas, the safety coordinator would like $250 allocated to purchase and certify a 5 lb. carbon dioxide fire extinguisher ($102.99) to replace the halon extinguisher in the Fab Lab and a 13.2 lb. high flow ABC extinguisher ($99.99) to replace the halon extinguisher next to the flammables locker.
- Prices are based on webstaurantstore.com, which had the lowest prices among the vendors selling both of the types of extinguishers needed.
Proposal to rearrange fire extinguisher placement
PoC: Sean Work
- Based on a recommendation from the fire extinguisher inspector, the safety coordinator would like to remove the 10 lb. ABC fire extinguisher located in the machine shop and place it in the expansion zone, remove the 20 lb. CO2 fire extinguisher located across from the jewelry bench and place it in the machine shop, and place the 5 lb. extinguisher currently in the expansion in the jewelry zone.
- Fires in the machine shop and the cnc zone are likely to be electrical, so it would be best to use CO2 on them to avoid adding corrosive damage to fire damage. In the expansion zone the fire code actually calls for a larger extinguisher than the one we have in place now.
- Update on Haas and request for financial help of $2,500. We are not able to send/receive files to the Haas control. It was a sporadic problem and now it is not possible to send any files over the serial connection. 3 circuit boards need to be sent out for inspection and rework. All other avenues to resolve the issue have been investigated and found to be working. i.e. Connectors, cables, serial chip. Heat was suspected but that proved to not be a reliable indicator of the problem. The issue started immediately after an i3 Detroit member made an unauthorized electrical modification to the control on June 6th of this year. Contact: Thad Johnson email@example.com 810.287.3443
Proposal to allocate $200 for Facebook advertising
Contents of ads to be points of interest at i3 with mentions of the MEDC campaign, with the intention to call to action to donate.
Last Proposal of the Term
This is the last proposal of this board.
- Time completed:
- Funds appropriated:
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Allocate $1,500 to expansion committee for construction and maintenance supplies with the primary goal of passing city inspections||Mike||2nd||Y||N||RESULT|
|I propose we allocate $200 to run one or more ads on Facebook for the MEDC campaign.||Jan||2nd||Y||N||RESULT|
|I propose we have some sort of shindig to celebrate a very busy and productive board term.||Paul||2nd||Y||N||RESULT|
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20190709||Board Meeting Minutes 20190910|