Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20190912
- 1 Agenda for 09-12-2019
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.2.1 Treasurer & Budget
- 1.2.2 Secretary
- 1.2.3 President
- 1.2.4 Senior Vice President
- 1.2.5 VP of Activities & Classes
- 1.2.6 VP of Membership-Onboarding
- 1.2.7 Member Advocate
- 1.2.8 Committee Reports
- 1.2.9 Camera Review Review
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 09-12-2019
Chair: Thomas Tusano
i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:39
Treasurer & Budget
- Posted in the usual place, please check the link.
- Please contact the treasurer if you have any questions or concerns
- We need to discuss the solution of being close to consumables budget
- Reminder that the list of officers is due to the state by October 1.
- Vivian wrote a letter for the board and members to review for us to create an actionable list.
Senior Vice President
- No Report
VP of Activities & Classes
- At the end of the month we are turning the space into a TV studio for 72 hours
- Brad from B. Nektar is on board for product placement
- We are building a giant robot
- This is for fundraising for the MEDC campaign
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Since last meeting:
- Started onboarding: 4
- Onboarding to member: 6
- Member to hiatus: 1
- Member to non-member: 1
- Scholarship expiration: 1
- The presentation is being converted to a membership update method
- And there is discussion happening about the key update and keeping the process limited to the VP and/or board members.
- Alec is interested in returning to being Member Advocate.
- Work on the building to satisfy fire code continues.
- Following a couple leads with architects so we can draw up proper plans to move things along with the city.
- We were told to expect an order 'soon' to install doors in the opening in the wall by the wood shop. This has not come yet, but if it does, online estimates put it at $2,000-$3,000. This is something we want to do anyway, but if an order comes, we'll have to start work on it ASAP.
Safety & Compliance Committee
- I recently did a walkthrough. Only thing worth mentioning is I found a stove top stored within the cutout zone for the breaker panel near the pantry. I moved it to the expansion zone since I'm assuming it's going to become part of the kitchen zone. IF this is incorrect it should get a parking ticket/be moved to the graveyard.
- The fire extinguishers I requested funds for last month have arrived. They're in place and tagged.
- Last meeting was mostly about planning the livestream event. Looking for volunteers. Happening the weekend of 28 September.
- Ashley brought in a book on non-profit fundraising. Her summary is 'Ask'
- Discussion: accidental private channel creation in Slack may be due to the search function
Code of Conduct
- No report
Camera Review Review
- No reviews
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Email vote held 9/7/2019 to move board meetings to Thursdays through December to avoid schedule conflicts:
- Adding a board meeting at the end of September to appoint officers, zone coordinators, etc.
- Discussing the google form to put out to get volunteers for officers, zone coordinators, etc.
Internet Provider Speed/Price Increase
- To allow for the live stream. Nate B has donated to compensate for the increase, this is $8/month increase. This will increase the speed to 5 times what we currently have for a year.
Approve Past Meeting Minutes
- Proposal: Approve the previous 2 month’s (July and August) board meeting minutes
- Amendment: Table the approval of the previous 2 month’s meeting minutes until they are posted.
Special Board Meeting
- Special meeting to appoint officers and zone coordinators
- Point of order that this is also during the Beaglebone meetup and expansion meeting.
- There is interest in having 3-5 member advocates and having at least one of them at all meetings.
- Time completed: 20:20
- Funds appropriated: $96
- Attendees: 14
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Reappoint Alec Beardsley as Member Advocate||Paul||Matt||7||0||PASS|
|The board resolves to hold its regular meetings on the second Thursday of the month for the remainder of 2019.||Mel||Matt||7||0||PASS|
|Agree to increase our internet to the $80/month plan.||Mel||Paul||Y||N||PASS|
|Hold a special meeting of the board on Thursday, September 26, 2019 to appoint officers and zone coordinators||Matt||Mike||7||0||PASS|
|Table the approval of the previous 2 month’s meeting minutes||Matt||David||7||0||PASS|
- Matt C
- Pete T
- Andrew L
- Jody R
- Mike F
- David H
- Jan H
- A'Lisa K
- Thomas T
- Alec B
- Ashley L
- Paul L
- Bradlee W
- Mel G
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20190813||Board Meeting Minutes 20190926|