Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20191010
- 1 Agenda for 10-10-2019
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.2.1 Treasurer & Budget
- 1.2.2 Secretary
- 1.2.3 President
- 1.2.4 Senior Vice President
- 1.2.5 VP of Activities & Classes
- 1.2.6 VP of Membership-Onboarding
- 1.2.7 Member Advocate
- 1.2.8 Committee Reports
- 1.2.9 Camera Review Review
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 10-10-2019
Chair: Alec Beardsley
i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220
Meeting was Called to Order At: 1937
Treasurer & Budget
- The i3 annual report was successfully filled with the state.
- The new president Jamie Burdeski discussed points of focus for her term.Including helping the board into a more supervisory role, with officers acting as the more on the ground managers. As well as increasing the structure of the workflow between the board and officers to increase efficiency, and reduce burnout. Jamie also talked about how out reach will not be her primary focus in light of the expansion.
Senior Vice President
- Brought up the need for openness and transparency between the board and general membership, and the need balance that against closed decision making for expediency. Also described a hand off meeting with outgoing VP. Also let the board know that she had made contact with TedX Detroit.
VP of Activities & Classes
- Carie ann is doing a mask class this saturday. Live stream raised 25k during stream but caused general burn out.
VP of Membership-Onboarding
Membership changes since last meeting:
Net change: +2 Onboarding
No change: Member, Hiatus
- Null => Onboarding: 5
- Onboarding => Member: 2
- Member => Hiatus: 1
- Member => Null: 1
- Hiatus => Null: 1
- Onboarding => NULL: 1
Scholarship fund status (All values assume $59/mo dues cost):
- Members on scholarship: 15 (no change MoM)
- Allocated: $760 (-$60 MoM) of $944 available
- Avg scholarship value: $50.67
- Nothing to report.
- Construction continues.
- City has no plans on file for our building.
- Ashley is scheduling a meeting with an architect contact.
- Expansion Admin work was added to the Wiki.
- Quick update on all the grants we have or will be applying for.
- MEDC goal met! Now we have to fulfill all the incentives. Jody will be taking point.
Safety & Compliance Committee
- Purchased new fire extinguishers for $236.
Camera Review Review
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Determine Zone Coordinator for CNC Zone as it is currently labeled as Tabled. Decisions need to be made in the zone and having the position in limbo makes it difficult. This request is from 2018-2019 CNC Zone Coordinator Thad Johnson.
- Thad asks for the cnc zone to be untabled. Commits to being sole CNC ZC for the next year while looking for a "Helper" to train as the replacement ZC.
- Time completed:58min
- Funds appropriated:500
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- Mel leading review of committee structure and inactive committees in need of disbandment.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Change the fundraising committee membership to be determined by the co-chairs.||Mel||Paul||7||0||Passed|
|Table Member advocate appointment||Mel||Matt||7||0||Passed|
|Table the motion to Identify and designate a section of floor space for storage of equipment for new zones until they get their new floor space.||David||Mel||7||0||Passed|
|Appoint Thad as CNC ZC||Matt||Mel||7||0||Passed|
|Appoint a Bylaws Committee to discuss and propose changes to the current bylaws or a replacement for them. Chaired by Paul Lee||Paul||Matt||7||0||Passed|
|Table Kiln zone ZC appointment||Paul||Matt||7||0||Passed|
|Appoint Mark Bikezone ZC as part of the consolidation with Toolcrib||Paul||Mel||7||0||Passed|
|Create a CRM committee initially made up of the Treasurer and VP of Membership. This committee is tasked with defining requirements for CRM platforms, evaluating solutions, and working with developers from within and without the space.||Matt C.||Mel||7||0||Passed|
|Allocate $500 to pay for sewer clean-out on side B.||Mike||Mel||7||0||Passed|
- Chair Alec Beardsley
- Secretary Kevin Fanning
- Thomas Tusano
- Melissa Gilchrist
- Jamie Burdeski
- Matt Carpenter
- Jody Raiford
- David Henry
- Thad Johnson
- A'Lisa Krawciw
- Mike Fink
- Paul Lee
- Jan Henry
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20190926||Board Meeting Minutes 20191114|