Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20200114

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 01-14-2020

Chair:Jamie

Meeting Location

i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220

Meeting was Called to Order At: 1935

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

  • Budget happened!
    • See minutes from Budget Meeting for details
  • December Treasurer's report is at https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/7/73/ProfitandLoss-december2019.pdf
    • Summary:
      • In the bank: $110,251.54
        • Unallocated: -$875.78
  • NOTE: There appears to have been an unexpected drop in Dues. The CRM Team is working to figure out if this is a mistake, a glitch, or if we actually are down that much...

Secretary

Previous months board meeting minutes: https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/Minutes:Board_Meeting_Minutes_20191210

President

Everything is going swimmingly

Senior Vice President

Friday thingyjiggies with tours are going alright. High number of new people coming in for tours.

VP of Activities & Classes

Activities are still in a slump, ongoing conflict with holidays and post livestream.

  • UpComing
    • Benectar after 5 chamber of commerce event
    • Potluck

VP of Membership-Onboarding

Membership changes since last meeting:

Net change: +7 Members, -4 Onboarding

  • NULL => Onboarding: 2
  • Onboarding => Member: 6
  • Member => Hiatus: 0
  • Member => NULL: 0
  • Hiatus => Member: 1
  • Scholarship => NULL: 2

Scholarship fund status:

  • Members on scholarship: 13 (-2 MoM)
  • Allocated: $607 (-$25 MoM) of $944 available
  • Avg scholarship value: $46.69
  • On Boarding meeting changed to first and third friday during tours.

Member Advocate

Committee Reports

Fundraising Committee

  • Finished first draft of Ford Grant Application. Planning to submit by the end of the month. Keep tweaking!
  • Voitek is working on corporate sponsorship plaque.
  • Jamie made a bunch of MEDC updates.

Expansion Committee

  • Meeting with architect is tomorrow, will hopefully have more info then.

CRM Committee

  • Should be added to meeting template
  • iFrame for processing payments has been integrated into Seltzer
  • Some users have started paying through it as testers, should be rolled out space-wide by end of month to support dues increase
  • Timing and content for next phase?

Bylaws Committee

  • Should be added to meeting template
  • Meetings scheduled for 4th Friday of each month (next meeting 1/24 at 19:30)
  • Assembled preliminary list of what material needs to be included in the new bylaws
  • Browsed around and compiled list of a few spaces whose bylaws will make good reference material

Safety & Compliance Committee

Moderation Committee

Camera Review Review

  • A camera review was conducted as part of a Member Advocate

investigation. The review was performed by Alec B, Mike F, and Mark F. The footage searched was from the front door/graveyard with a time frame between Dec 25th 2019 and Jan 5th 2020.

Old Business

Proposal:
Approve last months minutes
Moved by Mel; Seconded by Thomas
6 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Discussion of TIG repair/replacement
  • Discussion of space-wide policy on i3- vs. member-owned equipment

New Business

Budget Distribution Plan

  • When can coordinators spend their budget allotment?
  • How will this be communicated to them?
Proposal:
$1000 per month spending notification
Moved by mike; Seconded by thomas
7 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS
  • mike>thomas/ 1000 spending notification to board
    • Mel will send out email telling zone coordinators to let board/treasure know if spending more than 1000 in a single month

Tool Owner Memorandum of Understanding

    • Progress?
  • Help needed?
  • Expect follow up at future meetings.


Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 2008
  • Funds appropriated:0
  • Attendees:11

Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Approve last months minutesMelThomas60PASS
$1000 per month spending notificationmikethomas70PASS

Attendance

  1. Chair Jamie B
  2. Secretary Kevin F
  3. Jan H
  4. David H
  5. Paul L
  6. Mike F
  7. A’lisa
  8. Matt C
  9. Thomas T
  10. Mel G
  11. Jody R



Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20191210 Board Meeting Minutes 20200211