Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20200310
- 1 Agenda for 03-10-2020
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.2.1 Treasurer & Budget
- 1.2.2 Secretary
- 1.2.3 President
- 1.2.4 Senior Vice President
- 1.2.5 VP of Activities & Classes
- 1.2.6 VP of Membership-Onboarding
- 1.2.7 Member Advocate
- 1.2.8 Committee Reports
- 1.2.9 Camera Review Review
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 03-10-2020
i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220
Meeting was Called to Order At: 1935
Treasurer & Budget
- total in bank $107,035.03
- emergency fund $-30,000.00
- general expansion -$41,709.37
- regular zone funds -$30,082.83
- net available $5,242.83
- Email vote traffic has gone up 300% in the last month.
- Things are going great. Organization is healthy.
Senior Vice President
- People are doing things and showing up, which is good. Please continue giving tours.
VP of Activities & Classes
- Due to demand there may be a second beginner Jewelry class. Potluck is being scheduled, soonish.
VP of Membership-Onboarding
Membership changes since last meeting:
Net change: -3 Members
- NULL => Onboarding: 0
- Onboarding => Member: 1
- Member => Hiatus: 3
- Member => NULL: 0
- Hiatus => Member: 0
- Scholarship => NULL: 1
Scholarship fund status:
- Members on scholarship: 13 (0 MoM)
- Allocated: $607 ($0 Change MoM) of $944 available
- Avg scholarship value: $46.69
- One investigation is ongoing.
- Continuing to iterate the new crm. The new system is open to accept payments.
- Developed framework for new bylaws after reviewing bylaw of other organizations.
- Working on updating the fundraising section of the wiki. Feel free to tag anything as fundraising that you think should be. Continuing to work on MEDC projects. Possible upcoming open house in spring.
- The architect came and measured the building. Upcoming meeting this week to continue working on COO.
Safety & Compliance Committee
- Nate continues to exist.
Camera Review Review
- Camera Review of Media Lab due to cracked Imac screen. Turned out the screen was just dirty.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Discussion of allocation of jewelry zone funds.
- Discussion of the effect of i3s nonprofit status on charging for classes.
- Time completed: 2008
- Funds appropriated: 12,500
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Motion to Allocate up to $11,500 to pay SVA architects.||Mel||Matt||7||0||PASS|
|Motion to approve last months minutes||Thomas||Mel||7||0||PASS|
|Email vote to allocate $1000 for welder repair.||Mike||Mel||7||0||PASS|
- Chair Jamie
- Secretary Kevin
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20200211||Board Meeting Minutes 20200330|