Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20200414
- 1 Agenda for 04-14-2020
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.3 Committee Reports
- 1.4 Camera Review Review
- 1.5 Old Business
- 1.6 New Business
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 04-14-2020
Chair: Jamie B
- Google hangout due to stay at home order
- Meeting was Called to Order At: 7:42pm
Treasurer & Budget
- Good news: We've only had ~half a dozen members go on hiatus
- David is interested in an update on projections for worst case scenario
- Should have a better idea next month when bills catch up to reality as far as projecting for worst case scenario due to being closed
(Treasurer will put $$ numbers here)
- Current secretary is still taking a break. Mel will take minutes at the next member meeting.
- Jamie has been acting as spokesperson sending out COVID-19 related announcements
- Need better communication from board to members, specifically the announcement once we appoved rules for limited use of the space for making medical devices didn't go out.
Senior Vice President
Nothing to report.
VP of Activities & Classes
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- No new people since the space is closed.
- Since last board meeting two scholarship applications have been received ($108 total)
- Still have over $200 available in the scholarship fund with these new scholarships ($696/$944)
- When the space reopens I plan to extend scholarships by the duration of our closure
- On hold right now
- Still testing and getting people switched over, but that's a little hard while we're clsoed.
- Architects sent over a report last week, we're currently discussing it with them and asking for some clarifications
- They're planning to have a meeting with us, the architects, and the city soonish
- Last meeting was cancelled
- Need to send out a bulk email to gift recipients
Safety & Compliance Committee
- Sent out the rules that became the skeleton for the rules for limited use
- No report
Limited Use Approval Committee
- We've approved 2 projects who are listed at COVID-19 Essential Individuals, both laser cuttting parts for face shields
Camera Review Review
- No camera reivews.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Just a reminder while we're closed, we aren't remotely accessing the camera system but we are periodically checking other data that's recorded regarding (for example) when doors are open, lights are turned on, etc just to make sure the space is unoccupied. If anyone is interested in any of this data feel free to ask in #ask-the-board on Slack.
Update rules with Limited Use Approval Committe
- Time completed: 8:33
- Funds appropriated: $950
- Attendees: 7
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Create the Limited Use Approval Executive Committee and delegate to it the authority to approve or reject applications for limited use of i3Detroit during the COVID-19 state of emergency to produce medical equipment under the Policy on Use of i3Detroit for COVID-19 Purposes. The committee shall consist of Paul Lee as chair and Mike Fink, Mel Gilchrist, and Jan Henry as members. The committee does not need to hold a formal vote on each application; instead, committee members may indicate their support for an application in writing, and an application shall be considered approved when a majority of the committee has indicated their approval. The committee shall make its best effort to approve, reject, or respond to each application within 48 hours of receiving it.||Mike||Mel||5||0||PASS|
|In the Policy on Use of i3Detroit for COVID-19 Purposes, change references to the board of directors in sections 4, 4.1, 5, 15, and 16 to refer to the Limited Use Approval Executive Committee, and change the slack channel mentioned in section 15 to #covid-19-committee.||David||Mike||4||0||PASS|
|Approve the following rules for use of the space for Covid-19 purposes: Policy on Use of i3Detroit for COVID-19 Purposes||Paul||Mike||6||1||PASS|
|Motion to Allocate $950 to Jewelry zone to replace tools that were lost.||Mel||Matt||6||0||PASS|
|Motion to approve last months minutes||Mel||Davild||4||0||PASS|
- Jamie B
- Mike F
- A'Lisa K
- David H
- Jan H
- Jody R
- Mel G
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20200402||Board Meeting Minutes 20200512|