Meeting was Called to Order At: 1945
These meeting minutes have been sealed to protect member privacy. The unredacted version can be found in the Board+advocate Drive/discipline documentation
*WHEREAS A2020 has been credibly accused of sexual assault,
- AND WHEREAS the Board of Directors has received compelling evidence of this individual's alleged actions,
- AND WHEREAS multiple, independent members brought their concerns about this individual's potential presence at i3Detroit to the Board of Directors,
- AND WHEREAS A2020 has received warnings and a suspension for past behavior,
- AND WHEREAS A2020 has declined our invitation to respond to or meet to discuss this accusation,
- AND WHEREAS i3Detroit does not tolerate behavior that promotes violence against or directly attacks or threatens others as described by our Harassment Policy,
- AND WHEREAS actions of this severity, regardless of where they occurred, would negatively affect members' and guests' feelings of safety at i3detroit,
- WE RESOLVE THAT that, effective August 6, 2020, A2020 shall be banned indefinitely from all spaces operated by i3 Detroit until the board of directors votes to overturn this ban.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that, effective August 6, 2020, A2020 shall be banned from all i3 electronic communication channels.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that, effective August 6, 2020, A2020 is unwelcome at and may not participate in any i3 Detroit presence occurring at either public or private events.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that A2020 or their agent may contact the Board of Directors to retrieve any property they own that is still at i3Detroit.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that any property of A2020 that remains at i3Detroit after September 6, 2020 shall be considered donated to i3Detroit.
- WE RESOLVE FURTHER that the Secretary is directed to add A2020 to the list of banned persons kept near the entrance, and directed to send a notice of this proposal to the i3-announce mailing list.
TODO: See the above motion to ban. Role call vote.Moved by
Mike, Seconded by
6, Mike,Paul,Jan,Mel,Matt,David Ayes / 0 Nays
- Time completed:2208
- Funds appropriated:0
- Chair Jamie
- Secretary Que
- Advocate Alec